Missing You Daily, My Special Girl.

gideonsmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, my sweet girl Atarah. I remember the first time I laid eyes on you, I couldn't believe how stunning you were. Your beautiful spots, your big gorgeous green eyes. I remember driving to find you in a cage left in the hot desert heat. I told my husband how I had never wanted a female cat because I knew how feisty they could be, but my heart couldn't let you remain where you were. We took you home questioning our idea because your brother Gideon wasn't too thrilled about our new arrangement.

The first year with you was challenging. You didn't know how to love. You destroyed my couch. You taught Gideon inappropriate behaviors. I started calling you 'Fred's Cat' because he seemed to be the only one in this house on your team. But it didn't take long until your big green eyes broke me.

I remember taking you to the vet when you seemed to be unwell and discovering that you were suffering from heart failure. I will never forget the ways you showed me your gratitude for saving your life. Our relationship changed after that. I saw the hardness of your heart melt away as mine also began to soften. Over the next year and a half, you stole my heart. I started to appreciate you for your little quirks, your loud meows, and your relentlessness.

It is with a shattered, yet incredibly grateful heart, that I say goodbye to you today on the fourth-month anniversary of your passing. Atarah, "Tunie", you taught me so much love. You taught me to love and appreciate the uniqueness in others. You showed me that my heart can grow two times larger in size. I'll never forget you, I'll never stop loving you, and I'll always be dreaming about you and your beautiful, big, green eyes.

You put up one heck of a fight, little one. I know you toughed it out for us. You are the strongest little kitten in the world. Thank you for giving us the past three years of LOVE. Until I see you again, babygirl...mom, dad, and Gideon love you so much.
7606ECC5-F3B8-48B4-9E57-05B67E2CDA0D.jpeg

1B7D6555-4E71-4D28-AC11-4B6BB60F24AA.jpeg
23B0E461-4FA5-4B8B-B5DA-22140D6E70FE.jpeg
AEB316A9-114A-455D-8012-59A465845002.jpeg
ABE9A832-3EBD-4AD2-A9C0-DD3EDB99500D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful, beautiful words for Atarah. My heart is heavy just reading this. Such a cry-baby I am. My apologies.

Atarah, where you are now we are sure you are happier. Keep running about and destroying heavenly couches over there. No problem. You are loved. You are missed, especially by your mummy. Your memory lives on with your family - the family who loved you with all their hearts, and with us, even as strangers, have known you by the beautiful tribute of your mom.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What beautiful memories you have! Keep them close, let them comfort you in times of sadness.
Your Atarah looks incredibly very much like my Chrissy, same beautiful coat, same incredible eyes. Except my Chrissy's were yellow, I always called her "Owl eyes". She too was feisty, only allowed exactly two strokes before striking out, ruled her kingdom with an iron paw. The much bigger boys gave gave her a wide berth!
Often times the 'difficult' member of the family becomes the closest to our heart. We spend more energy and time on them, they somehow worm their way into our very soul, and soon become a part of it. We learn to appreciate the quiet, well mannered members of our families even more because of the feisty ones, and thank God for all of them.
The bond you have with that precious girl will tie your souls together for eternity. She will always be as near as your thoughts and prayers, the new path she follows will always parallel your own. Love does not fade away when the physical body leaves this world, it is spiritual so eternal. "Death cannot take that which never dies" and you know your love never will. Let that love fill your heart, guide you into a future full of joy and happiness to be alive, as she would want for those she loves so very much, as you would want for her if you were the first to go. Because that is what love is, not wanting the ones left behind to live the rest of their lives in grief and sadness, but to embrace life, find the joy that is there if we seek it, and to add to the love that is already there. We will never replace it, or lose it, it simply exists and will never go away.......
My heart goes out to you, I know the pain of a broken heart. But time will help to sooth the sharp edges, will bring a new insight into setting priorities. And precious Atarah will always be with you, because she is a part of you....take care and know we grieve with you for the loss of one so loved from your life....
RIP beautiful Atarah. you will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in loving hearts. May the Creator of all bless and keep you, until you meet again! May the heavens be yours to rule, until the end of time....

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Atarah, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a stunning cat she was, and is, and will always be! So young, it was far, far too soon to say "goodbye," but where there is love, eternity is not long enough. Love never dies, you know, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. Love abides, and Atarah, your sweet "Tunie" will walk beside you always.