Missing! How Long Will An Un-neutered Male Stay Away From Home? -- Found!!

buffy2011

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since toms can impregnate MANY females during "kitten season," no. They don't stick around as a "bonded pair." And a queen may mate with many toms during a heat, actually bearing litters that have several fathers in each litter. The toms mate, and go find another willing girl. The chance of him bringing a girl home are very, very slim...that said, it has happened. One of the feral queens in my neighborhood is always in the company of The Old Man, a battle-scarred tom, but that's a rare thing, indeed.
Well I'm glad to hear that. But I do hope he gets his butt back and then I am going to trap him. He has been gone a long time thought. I do know up over the hill from us a friend told my husband that there is a barn and a man comes everyday to feed the cats in the barn. I wonder if he is there? But it really isn't that far away that he wouldn't come back. I just neutered a cat on July 11th and haven't seen him yet. I don't know how long it will take for him to come back.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They don't loose their hormones right away, so they will still wander and mate for a little while after neutering.