Missing Feral Friend

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm SO glad to hear this wonderful news! It would be nice to know what adventures he was on, but you probably will never know why he disappeared or where he went. Maybe a nice, special meal will keep him from pulling this stunt again!!

Gizmoandsooz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you own your own house see if you can get a catio installed to protect the cat from going elsewhere.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you own your own house see if you can get a catio installed to protect the cat from going elsewhere.
We do own our house (we will be 100% mortgage-free this September!). I understand where you are coming from, but Linden is a true feral. Not a stray, not a domesticated feral. I think putting him in a catio would be harmful to him since he is an adult feral. He just happens to have claimed our front porch as his part-time home. He has a heated house and access to food and water. I help care for a colony of ferals, but he is special to me.

We have nine indoor only cats who have all lived hard lives prior to coming to us. I have considered getting a catio for them.

Gizmoandsooz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We do own our house (we will be 100% mortgage-free this September!). I understand where you are coming from, but Linden is a true feral. Not a stray, not a domesticated feral. I think putting him in a catio would be harmful to him since he is an adult feral. He just happens to have claimed our front porch as his part-time home. He has a heated house and access to food and water. I help care for a colony of ferals, but he is special to me.

We have nine indoor only cats who have all lived hard lives prior to coming to us. I have considered getting a catio for them.
Good to know.
However, i’m suggesting that you have somewhere that is safe for him to come to. Something that has a cat flap so he can come and go as he wishes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to know.
However, i’m suggesting that you have somewhere that is safe for him to come to. Something that has a cat flap so he can come and go as he wishes.
His house on our porch is safe and has an escape route in case he feels threatened. We tried putting a flap on his doorway, but he would not go inside. Thanks, though!