Missing Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you know there's wild dogs out there, the solution is to keep your cats inside! The police don't know anything about animals, so they are not going to help you. You need to call places that deal with animals- Animal Control, ASPCA, Humane Society, Rescues. Call the next town over, they probably service your area. Animal Control in my area is 30 minutes away, but they service the whole area. Keep trying. It's not the dog's fault, they need better owners that will train them. They don't deserve to die.
its a weird situation id like to keep him in more but hes mean to my boy whos resting he will go up to him and attack him and hes in no position to fight so i choose my boy over him i care for the boy and i feed him but since he is to mean to my boy i cant leave him unsupervised in the house right now

sadly you underestimate mississippi it is the poorest state in usa if u saw our schools youde freak closes town with humane society is 45 mins away they dont service my area at all

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds like the stray neighborhood cat is injured worse than your cat was if he has blood in his eyes. I would try to get him to an emergency vet if possible...though they may need to put him out of his misery. If that isn't at all possible, then try the antibiotics today and be waiting at the vet's office with him tomorrow morning when they open the doors for business.

I would talk to the neighbors about the recent attacks (or write a letter to put on their door). Tell them that the police have instructed you to shoot the dogs if they leave their own property. Maybe just the threat will make them keep their dogs inside or at least confined to their property. I don't think I could ever shoot a dog, but I would sent a threat to the neighbors letting them know that is what the police said to do. It might work....or they just really don't give a flying crap about those animals.
well he was acting like normal running around eating like a pig and purring its weird his eyes looked blood shot like he could have been poisoned or something idk it looked strange maybe fact he has a white face made everything show his fur was damp from an attack though so i know it had to be a dog to have that much natted up wet fur

im gonna try t take him to a vet in the morning damn i dont have i wish they could look at him first and tell me if he will be ok so i dont have to pay them 200 bucks or so i have my cats old anti biotics that are still good that will last till next year i wonder if giving him some would help with any infections i sure he has received

i know people wana get mad n say dont play doctor and take him to the vet but i live completely alone and young already had to pay 300 for my cats last vet bill last week so i cant afford to throw out anymore than 50 atm so hoping maybe i could give him some anti biotics if it helps with him

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would worry that the blood in the eye may be bleeding from the brain. Have you been able to rub him gently to feel where and how serious any injuries may be? I'd see if the vet will let you make a few monthly payments and at least get the right type of antibiotic eye drops for his eye. Different antibiotics target different things.

:alright:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, did you consider talking to the neighbors again and passing along the police advice (or leaving a note on their door)?

If you have documented that the police have been called out in person at least one time, and the dates of other phone calls to them, plus two vet bills which clearly state dog bite injuries, you could probably sue them in small claims court for the cost of the veterinary care.

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would worry that the blood in the eye may be bleeding from the brain. Have you been able to rub him gently to feel where and how serious any injuries may be? I'd see if the vet will let you make a few monthly payments and at least get the right type of antibiotic eye drops for his eye. Different antibiotics target different things.

:alright:
they dont do monthly payments its funny the vets ina tiny shack too not like its a huge place they have to have up keep with in a tiny town

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
im thinking about putting a huge sign in my yard saying any trespassing dogs will be shot on sight to scare them into keeping them locked up more

tbh i dont think i have the heart to shoot an animal unless im very mad and i seen one attacking one of my boys in that moment

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Also, did you consider talking to the neighbors again and passing along the police advice (or leaving a note on their door)?

If you have documented that the police have been called out in person at least one time, and the dates of other phone calls to them, plus two vet bills which clearly state dog bite injuries, you could probably sue them in small claims court for the cost of the veterinary care.
That was exactly what I was going to recommend. You don't need a lawyer for small claims court. And you would have a record with the county that the dogs are dangerous.

The sign might help, or it might make things very uncomfortable with your neighbors. I'm iffy about it. I'm glad to hear that you couldn't just shoot a dog, but with you on the fact that, if I had a gun, and a dog were actually attacking my cat, that dog would probably not fare well. It would grieve me to do it, but Hekitty's MY CAT!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear that. Because death is very final. If you found out after shooting them that they were innocent, there is no way to bring them back to life.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in a tiny town too. What you should do is Google your "county name" then animal control or ASPCA or SPCA. Small towns like ours are not going to have that service, but there might be one for your county. Humane Society seems to deal with more tame animals I think, so that might be out.

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How are both cats doing today?

my boy is fine right now havent seen the stray yet gonna go feed him soon

one thing very strange about the girl feral i feed is she got really big in her belly like shes pregnant but shes been that way for 6 months now? usually cats have kittens within 3 months i feed her a good bit but its strange ill try to take a pic of her to upload so maybe you can tell if she looks fat or pregnant

her legs are arms and face are skinny but her belly is massive like that of a pregnant cat and iv had tons of pregnant cats since i was little

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That was exactly what I was going to recommend. You don't need a lawyer for small claims court. And you would have a record with the county that the dogs are dangerous.

The sign might help, or it might make things very uncomfortable with your neighbors. I'm iffy about it. I'm glad to hear that you couldn't just shoot a dog, but with you on the fact that, if I had a gun, and a dog were actually attacking my cat, that dog would probably not fare well. It would grieve me to do it, but Hekitty's MY CAT!

they dont care these arnt very reasonable people my landlord lives right across the road from me he shot one of there dogs years back who kept getting into his chicken coup and killing them even killed his mothers declawed Persian cat they saw him attacking it up the road and by the time they got to him the cat was dead he told the man 2 times to not let his dog in his yard and he ended up doing what i wanted to do..

people like that dont really care they will just get another one too bad people can just adopt animals i called the police last year t come take care of it they went to the guys house and he claimed he didnt own the dogs lol said he just feeds stray animals who wonder the neighborhood iv asked other neighbors and they have had issues with this individual as well

its hard for me to keep the stray boy and girl in due to them randomly bullying my hurt cat they see him not try to fight and defend himself and try to take advantage and bully him away so they cannot be inside without me watching them at all times if i leave the room i hear a fight break out and i have to run in and take him outside and thats where the danger comes for him hopefully if i can get him fixed he will calm down alot and will be nicer and he could stay inside all day he wants to be inside 90% of the time but cant have him hurting my cat when im not in the living room

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
one thing very strange about the girl feral i feed is she got really big in her belly like shes pregnant but shes been that way for 6 months now?

Do you give them a wormer twice a year? A bloated belly for 6 months is not a pregnancy, although if she is unspayed, she could get pregnant any time. A big belly without being pregnant is most likely worms.

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you give them a wormer twice a year? A bloated belly for 6 months is not a pregnancy, although if she is unspayed, she could get pregnant any time. A big belly without being pregnant is most likely worms.

no i havent wormed them she would claw my arms off if i tried to grab her i can pet her but thats it they are picky now too so not sure about feeding them with wormer in there food they only eat dry food and whatever left over meat i give them its weird cause my boy seems to have lost alot of weight int he past 3 weeks and shes bloated up

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since they're outside, I would worm them every 6 months. Get a small cans of cat food and some Panacur. They need a little of the powder mixed into the food 3 days in a row.

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since they're outside, I would worm them every 6 months. Get a small cans of cat food and some Panacur. They need a little of the powder mixed into the food 3 days in a row.

how much is it usually should i try to worm my boy too?

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A 3-day dose of Panacur us under $10. I'd wait until your injured cat is off of other meds and recovered. I don't give wormer to my 2 indoor-only cats, but do give it to my dog who goes out in the backyard several times a day and to the feral cat who still likes to spend most of her time outside.

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A 3-day dose of Panacur us under $10. I'd wait until your injured cat is off of other meds and recovered. I don't give wormer to my 2 indoor-only cats, but do give it to my dog who goes out in the backyard several times a day and to the feral cat who still likes to spend most of her time outside.

hmm hopefully they will eat it with the wormer inside and doesnt effect the state of there food these cats are super picky now