missing cat/suspicious neighbor!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mandini

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yesterday I got another false alarm... A woman SWORE she had him. I went over and it wasn't. The kitty wasn't much bigger than a baby either, reminded me of exactly of Marvin when I first got him.

She was in the area where there had been two sightings of the black and white cat a few weeks back - maybe that is the one they saw

neighbor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by kerry'n'ben

hi, i know im new here but i read your post and manted to let you know im thinking of you. I have had a cat when i was younger and she often disappeared for weeks at a time and we could never figure out where she went and still have no idea
i know this might not be comforting but stay positive!

FOSTER KITTY

i think that if you chose to keep your cats inside that fine, i will be doing the same and walking my cat on a harness. However, if others want to let their cat out and about that is there decision and it shoudl be respected wether you agree with it or not

I really hope you find your kittie, keep us posted - i will look out for your next post
hope you and your cat are soon ...
Although I agree that the remark about the "stupid owner" was a bit harsh, please allow me to let you know where this person is probably coming from. I have a neighbor who has probably at least 15 cats that she rarely lets in her home. Their "home" is her front porch and the woods directly in my back yard. Their toilet is my front and back yard. Not only that...I noticed this evening that they had kittens!! These kittens are now helping themselves to my yard and walking through an enormous bed of poison ivy. When I say enormous, I mean ENORMOUS. Warning to anyone with an easy set pool...KEEP THE CATS AWAY OR DON'T GET THE POOL! What's a person to do?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mandini

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I got a call a few days ago from around that same area about a half mile away where there have been several reports of sightings of a black/white cat. Someone caught a black/white cat right near there but it wasn't Marvin, so I was very disappointed.

Well this lady says a cat who looks just like Marvin has been peering in her window at night and getting her cat all upset. Her cat looks like identical to him but without the face spot, that is why she remembered him when she saw my sign. She lives right next to a creek/wooded area and thinks he could be hiding down there. I have had my hopes up so many times because there are so many Marvin lookalikes, but I refuse to give up my search.

I am going to go around to all her neighbors and ask them if they have also seen him, and try to get my hands on a trap.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have just finished reading through this thread and want to offer my support! Obviously the bond between you and Marvin is very strong. Keep thinking positive.

I had a neighbor who's indoor/outdoor cat just disappeared one day. There was no sign of the cat and we assumed it must have met an unfortunate death. One day almost a year later there he was. Just sitting on the driveway like he had never even disappeared.

You and Marvin are in my thoughts and I am praying for his speedy return!

Please keep us posted and if there is anything you need just ask