Miss Me? I'm Back!

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wasn't on here for about 2 weeks.

In 2016, I had total knee replacements - first the left then 4 months later the right. I knew I had knee issues for over 8 years. By Sept I was really enjoying life as the 2d knee had recovered enough for me to be 'almost' normal. By Oct, I knew I was in for more surgery.

Just home from hospital and rehab; left HIP total replacement! OMGosh, I have been living in post op recovery mode for 17 months! (Minus about 4 weeks last Autumn). I certainly hope this is it. Osteoarthritis is a bear to live with, it is inherited, and it is progressive. I am looking forward to living a normal life again . . . in about 6 weeks. Recovery is a full year, but those first 2 months are the hardest. Between hospital and rehab, I have the initial (worst) 2 weeks over with.

Grand reunion with the 5 dogs when I came in yesterday about noon. Cats of course are different. I've seen 4 of the 7; 2 came for cuddles while I was in bed. 3 are convinced that the pet sitters are here to make a meal of them, so still not coming out. I need the pet sitters to continue on a reduced basis for a few more days to a week.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome back, Freedom! We did miss you. I'm glad you're on the road to recovery, and you've been through so much, too. So sweet about your dogs and cats! The others will come out once they know it's you.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Now you're mostly bionic, Freedom! PT is a booger bear, but necessary. I had surgery on both knees (not replacement) back in the stone ages. They would grab my leg and force it to bend. I wanted to get range of motion back so I could kick them hard. What really got the flex back, however, was throwing my leg over my motorcycle. For a while it would barely scrape over the seat but since I keep my steed immaculate, having to get the scuffs off was an incentive. I still can't kick myself in the fanny, much as I sometimes need it, but life is good.

Hang in there. You'll be out running a marathon soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone. Nice to be home in SO many ways.

At rehab I only had my phone. Tiny screen, even smaller keyboard. I hate it! I type 95 words per minute. Glad to be back on my laptop.