Middle Ear Surgery - Recovery And Tube Feeding?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just in case anyone is interested.

Radar's course of antibiotics (doxycycline - known side effects oesophagal irritation, nausea) finished on Monday, today he licked some gravy off the wet food pouch that I put in his bowl, that's more enthusiasm than I have seen in a few days - he's eaten nothing in days, so that was encouraging. Still no solid food intake though. Obviously am still feeding him via the tube.

I'm going to phone the vet tomorrow to ask about switching from 5x 28ml feeds daily, to 4x 35ml feeds - it would be more convenient for us but of course I will check with the vet before making any change, if I need to carry on with 5 feeds a day then so be it (I love that little cat so much!)

Will ask about trying mirtazapine again now he is off the antibotics, if he doesn't eat by himself tomorrow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He ate half a pouch of wet food this evening (appropriate daily intake for his weight is 2 pouches, he's only a little cat) so we skipped his last tube feed of the day - trying not to be too hopeful in case he doesn't eat again tomorrow, but please please keep everything crossed for our little love, he's a really sweet cat and ought to have another few years of happy life in him... please please I just want him to be ok and reach old age in decent health.