Meowdy Everyone!

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I should have done this weeks ago when I first joined but I will now.

Hi everyone! My name is Christen believe it or not people have a hard time saying or spelling my name. Cause I don’t spell it Kristen idk why people have hard time saying it. My name is extremely easy to say. But anyway I’m currently 34 will be 35 Oct 24th. I live in the eastern panhandle of WV. I currently have 2 cats and 1 dog. Of course there are strays I take care of outside. While I am new to this thread I am not new to owning cats. I have had cats all my life. Although Scooter is the first cat I have ever had that had a UTI. Every cat I had all were healthy and only ever went to get their shots. All of the cats I have ever had were rescues too. My dream kitty is to have a black female. I have owned a black male but never a black female kitty. I hope to one day have a black female kitty, At my age I’m still not sure if I want kids so my fur babies are my kids. I have many interesting which I won’t bore you guys with. Cause I know you guys wanna hear about my boys so let’s get to it!

First up my oldest boy Scooter who turned 5 on October 5th
IMG_2496.jpeg

Scooter was found at my dad’s job October 26th 2018. When my dad got to work which my dad worked at a paper mill plant. My dad was on the loading dock so it wasn’t uncommon to see strays there as people kept dropping off cats there. But that place was dangerous. When my dad got to work that day one of the guys said they found a tiny kitten. My dad looked for his mom but couldn’t find her. That year I had gotten sick on my birthday and was still sick then. My dad knew I wanted another cat so he brought Scooter home to me. He was about 3 weeks old which is why I always say Oct 5th is his birthday. I wanted to call him Garfield cause I always said if I had an orange cat it would be Garfield. But my dad kept calling him Scooter I went well alright he won’t listen to Garfield now. Plus I did have a cat named Skeeter at the time. There are two characters from The Muppets called Skeeter & Scooter so it worked out. Scooter is an interesting cat. He sometimes sits like he is a human. 😂 But he has his moments where he is so cuddly. In winter time he is good to have sleeping in my bed cause he keeps me warm he is a heater. His favorite toys are boxes, balled up napkins and napkins that you wrap with tape to make a ball. He will literally play fetch with you. His favorite activity is grabbing one of his actual toys walk around the hallway when it’s extremely quiet and meow with the toy in his mouth. He is my baby boy and the greatest birthday gift ever!!

Next up my little grumpy butt Casper
IMG_2494.jpeg

Casper well his story is interesting too. His momma was a stray that I fed all the time. We had no idea she was pregnant cause she was so skittish. I had lost Skeeter November 2021. He was an indoor/outdoor cat. He would potty outside instead of a litter box. I never needed a litter box with Skeeter until Scooter came along. I let him out one day he never came home. He was 16 years old he had been acting off lately. Normally I wouldn’t worry cause he had moments he would be gone a day. But when it was a week I knew he was gone. I ended up finding his remains under my place. We think he went there to pass away. In June 2022 I think Freckles(the stray) knee I was still missing Skeeter. I had suspected there was a kitten somewhere around but could never find it. Then one day in June I saw this tiny ball of fluff in my small recycle container. He was just laying on top. I made a kitty house out of a tote and made that a home for Freckles and this ball of fluff. I kept him outside with his mommy til he was old enough to leave her. When I found out that he was a boy and he is white only name that came to me was Casper like the friendly ghost . Casper came inside July 2022 and he has grown into a rambunctious 1 year old. It was also great for Scooter he has a playmate. It is never a dull moment with my boys. Casper he is a trouble maker. Just recently he decided it would be fun to unravel a full roll of paper towels. Casper is not really a meower he chirps more. He will softly meow if he can’t find me. His favorite toys are boxes and anything he can bat around. His favorite toy right now it is a orange ball with a bell in it. He is my little man but my sister & mom say the light color across his face and back makes him look like a lightly toasted marshmallow. But he is still my little man!

so that’s it about my boys! I do have a dog named Nera. Her name means black in Italian and I’m part Italian so it fits. She is 2 years old and a total diva. Oh as for Freckles(Casper’s mommy) she stayed around after he was brought inside. She knew her baby was safe and had a great home. Sadly a couple months ago we found her dead we think someone in the neighborhood poisoned her. She is buried in my backyard but I am so thankful she gifted me her baby.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Scooter and Casper are both gorgeous. :catlove:

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Great stories on how you got your cats. Scooter and Casper are very handsome boys.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site :hithere:
Scooter and Casper are gorgeous boys :heartshape: