Meet Cupcake - A Stray Success

sjoh197

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I see so many sad stories about strays that I thought I would post a happy one. We live in a very urban part of town, and one day as we came home from the park, we saw a little white kitty in the hospital parking lot hiding in between some cars. We happened to have some cat food on us (from feeding ducks at the lake) and dumped some for the kitty... who was very skittish. I started walking out to the parking lot fence every night to leave food.
WP_20161222_19_34_37_Pro.jpg

Sometimes she was there... sometimes she wasn't. When winter hit, I looked out one morning, and there was the kitty, huddled up on my porch. Then she saw me, which prompted her to spy on my through the window everyday until I caught her and brought her to the vet.
WP_20170210_18_46_03_Pro.jpg

WP_20170318_13_32_37_Pro.jpg

It took months for her to come to porch while I was outside, and then to touch her, and then to really pet her. I went out every single day for 4 months to gain her trust.

The vet said that she had a broken tail and some of her teeth were missing from blunt force trauma. Most of the ones left were loose. She had a skin infection, and really bad fleas. We slowly took care of her problems.
WP_20170319_17_57_33_Pro.jpg

She just had her tail amputated and her remaining loose teeth removed. Unfortunately, the vet believes she has eosinophilic granuloma, so she has been back on steroids for the time being.
20170525_144131.jpg

She is one of the sweetest cats I have ever seen, and she is very vocal for attention now. We've had some hiccups with our other cat's getting used to her. But I consider her a success :)
V__E351.jpg

View attachment 183045

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How far away from your home was the hospital parking lot? She followed you home? What a wonderful story. Thank you for helping her.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Aww... what a sweet kitty! Thanks for sharing her story! :hearthrob:

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a rough life that kitty has had and now she looks so happy to be snuggling with you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sjoh197

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How far away from your home was the hospital parking lot? She followed you home? What a wonderful story. Thank you for helping her.
Our apartment is next to the hospital and thee park... but it's a really large complex, and I have to walk through the interior. I think it may have just been dumb luck, or maybe our smell on the porch?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello sjoh197 sjoh197 , thank you for rescuing this kitty and giving her a warm and loving home :clap: Bless your heart.

Cupcake's a pretty gal :lovecat::lovecat4:

Yes, indeed this is a success and am happy for both of you :wink:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's amazing that she knew which window to go to. They must have a really good sense of smell. Wonderful, smart, pretty little kitty. Hope you have many wonderful years together. :redheartpump::whitecat: