Maybe Pregnant? Pregnancy Test?

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat is almost 2 years old and about a month & a half ago we had a male cat staying with us & she was in heat, we caught them trying to do their thing but we stopped them. I'm thinking we didn't stop it in time though. Lately her stomach has been swollen & hard. Her nipples are out more than they use to be but they haven't darkened any. She eats just as much as she use to. I'm not sure if it's pregnancy or something else.

tink89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It could be as you cannot watch them all the time doesn't take long for the male cat to do his business!! Keep an eye on her xx

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s almost definitely pregnant. You can choose to have her spayed now and end the pregnancy if you’d like.

Is the male cat out of your home now?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She’s almost definitely pregnant. You can choose to have her spayed now and end the pregnancy if you’d like.

Yes, he's been out of the house for a few weeks now. It was my cousins & she moved & took him with her

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She'll have to. I can't get her to the vet any time soon.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Due to cost? We can help you to find a low cost clinic in your area.

My concern is that it’s far, far more expensive to care for a pregnancy and litter than it is to spay. And that’s barring any sort of medical emergency that requires an urgent vet trip.

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I get that but she doesn't. She's been telling my sister she has to take her because "it's cheaper" since she makes the lower income but my sister works 6 days a week and goes to school 5 days and she's only off on the day they're closed.

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry. "She is my step mom. She's making my sister take my cat eventually.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Which state are you in and which city are you closest to? It shouldn’t matter who actually takes the cat in.

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In Louisiana & closest to West Monroe. We have shelters & hospitals around us but she's convinced only my sister can take the cat to get her spayed.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you find another adult to drive you? I am worried about what would happen to your cat if something were to go wrong with labor or delivery.

I will look for clinics that can help.

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm aware of what could potentially happen. I've been through pregnancies with animals but I just can not tell if she is or not. Shes not gaining as much weight as the past ones. If I can get to the vet it'll be after Christmas because we're tight on $$ rn.

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm 75% sure my cat is pregnant but I want to be sure if she is. If she is she isn't that far along because she hasn't gotten too big. But I was wondering if there was a test I could buy or make to tell if she is pregnant. We're trying to avoid telling parents until we know because they're going to be pissed..

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s not necessary unless you want to do an ultrasound. You can’t buy a pregnancy test for animals like humans. ;)

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thats what I was thinking but I wanted to be sure. Oh well parents will have a surprise litter in a few weeks.

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Probably not since we don't have a male cat anymore.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She will still have heat cycles that will make her miserable.

Would you like help finding a low-cost spay clinic?