Maybe Off Topic

Outmannedmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been reminiscing on my life with all sorts of cats before I met my allergic husband. As kittens, we fed them a food that came in a pink milk carton looking thing. Does anyone remember what I'm talking about?? Back in the late 80s early 90s.

Clearly, they don't make it anymore (tried googling) so I'm sure it was terrible. Now my surprise kitten is eating organic raw goats milk at every meal. Which I'm sure my mother is rolling over in her grave about. :lol:

Bonus picture of kitty passes out on his back.:sleepycat:

Attachments

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do you mean this?
Whiskas Cat Milk, 6.75-oz carton, 3-pack

Nutritional Info
Ingredients:
Milk, Water, Nonfat Dry Milk, Malt Extract, Trisodium Phosphate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Guar Gum, Corn Syrup Solids, Lactase, Taurine, Carrageenan, Sodium Caseinate, Mono and Diglycerides, Dextrose

I fed this to my cats back in those days as well.
I fostered kittens about 10 years ago and used a lot of KMR.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it was dry food, then you are thinking of Purina Kitten Chow. I fed that to my kitten in the late 90s and remember the pink milk carton box.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it was dry food, then you are thinking of Purina Kitten Chow. I fed that to my kitten in the late 90s and remember the pink milk carton box.
Yep! I remember it too. They still sell Kitten Chow, just not in the milk carton. But it's fairly low quality. If you want to stick with grocery store brands I'd recommend Purina ONE kitten food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Outmannedmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm glad my memory isn't too far gone and that other people remember it! It was more nostalgia, we feed blue buffalo dry and instinct wet.