• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I started it - had some difficulty getting interested in the story - so put it aside. Now I'll try again and hope to make better progress. :)
gilmargl gilmargl : hopefully you'll be able to get more interested in the story when you return to it. As always, glad you'll be joining us.

I actually just called my local library and they have it! Yay. The 6 week wait was for an ebook. I’m going to pick it up this afternoon
Robyn5678 Robyn5678 : Oh, that's great news that your library has the book available! Also glad you'll be joining us this month.

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
gilmargl gilmargl : hopefully you'll be able to get more interested in the story when you return to it. As always, glad you'll be joining us.

Robyn5678 Robyn5678 : Oh, that's great news that your library has the book available! Also glad you'll be joining us this month.
Thank you’. I want to get back to reading and less electronics so it’s perfect.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I started reading Shutter Island earlier today. Only a few chapters in, so haven't formed an opinion yet.

Anyone else start reading it?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My progress is very slow - Page 80 🐌
I started. Still on first chapter. I fell asleep. Whoops lol
I'm on page 27 of 258 on my e-reader, which is the middle of chapter 2. So I'm not too far into it yet either. It's not a fast read, yet. But I'm guessing it will pick up once we get into the story.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My library still hasn't got it for me so I've ordered it off Amazon. Should be here mid week. Is it a thick book?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is it a thick book?
Since I'm reading an e-book, can't tell you if it's thick or not. But with only 278 pages, it seems like a shorter read. Goodreads, however says "369 pages, Mass Market Paperback" so may be longer than I'm expecting.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My library still hasn't got it for me so I've ordered it off Amazon. Should be here mid week. Is it a thick book?
My copy is a small-sized paperback with 414 pages. I'm only a quarter of the way through and the language-style is irritating to say the least. It's not yet interesting enough to give me any incentive to keep going - so it's a bit of a struggle. But with 2 weeks still to go I should be able to manage 20 pages a day to finish on time!
Think positive. ⏩

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm only a quarter of the way through and the language-style is irritating to say the least. It's not yet interesting enough to give me any incentive to keep going - so it's a bit of a struggle. But with 2 weeks still to go I should be able to manage 20 pages a day to finish on time!
Think positive. ⏩
I'm only 10% into it, and I'm also not yet finding it all that interesting. I'll have some time later in the week to read, though, when I take my car in for servicing and have nothing else to do while I wait than read. :read:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
gilmargl gilmargl and Robyn5678 Robyn5678 : how are you coming along with the book?

I've read a lot the last few days and am at 75% now. Definitely got better the further into it.

Anyone else reading it?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Good to know it gets better. I haven’t picked it up again! I’ll try reading some this weekend
Do give it another try. I found it slowly got more interesting, and by the halfway point it became a bit of a page turner.