May 11 - Eat What You Want Day!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
131.jpg

I generally treat myself when I feel like it anyway, but now that I know today should be specifically dedicated to eating what I want :lol: I think I'll stop and get a coconut cupcake when I go to the shopping center later. :yummy:

What do you eat when you want to splurge?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
So why am I sitting here eating low-fat yogurt???? Dang it.

I like hoagies or a cheeseburger with French fries. With a high-octane Pepsi. And, oh what the heck, I'll take a large hunk of white coconut cake, too.

And that's why I'm sitting here eating low-fat yogurt!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
If I want to splurge it's always some type of dessert with chocolate, e.g. brownie, chocolate chip biscotti, flourless chocolate cake.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise
Mission accomplished! :thumbsup:

I told hubby what day it is and asked what flavor cupcakes he wanted. He wanted to know if I made up a holiday so I could go to Kara’s. I told him, no, it’s a totally legit national holiday—I’m surprised the banks are open today. :lol:

535E8275-677D-4A79-A191-062C985E2E60.jpeg

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I picked up some Entenmann's donuts earlier. I haven't had them in years and wanted it today.

I was extremely disappointed. They do not taste as good as I remember, and are smaller. I didn't finish one donut and debating on throwing the rest away.

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise
I picked up some Entenmann's donuts earlier. I haven't had them in years and wanted it today.

I was extremely disappointed. They do not taste as good as I remember, and are smaller. I didn't finish one donut and debating on throwing the rest away.
:eek2: That’s too bad!

Unfortunately for me, the cupcakes are delicious. :lol:

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wellll in that case!!!!
I am going to treat myself to a double cheeseburger protein style from In-N-Out, and some animals style fries to go along with it and a neapolitan shake ;):walk:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Guess what? I bought Sumatra Coffee Brownies from Trader Joe's, coffee and chocolate blended together - what could be better than that? :yummy:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I want a big bunch of shrimp fixed all kinds of ways - boiled, fried, creole, gumbo... followed by a huge chocolate lava cake with a giant scoop of vanilla ice cream, all covered with chocolate magic shell.

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise
Ooohh, this reminded me. I ate the coconut cupcake yesterday but the lemon one is still there. That might be good with coffee this morning... :yummy: :lol:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester - That's terrible! No ice cream with the cake??? Terrible!
I'm not really a big ice cream fan. I'll take a small vanilla ice cream cone from time to time. Sometimes, if we make homemade ice cream in the ice cream freezer, I'll eat a little bit. But overall, I can take it or leave it.

Coconut cake? Now that's a whole 'nother story! It can get ugly, especially when my sister and I are in the same room with the cake. :paperbag::paperbag: We can demolish a white coconut cake in no time.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some reason my calendar is stuck on the 11th May.

You can't beat a bacon and mushroom sandwich or better still, a full English breakfast but without the black pudding.

By the way, you Americans are silly. You show the date as mm/dd/yyyy instead of the more sensible dd/mm/yyyy :redtongue:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The military do dates the same way as Europeans, actually I think the way the rest of the world does it. I was in for 8 years and got out in 1984, the natural way for me to write dates is the European way. I have to think about it to write dates the way it is done in the U.S.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For some reason my calendar is stuck on the 11th May.

You can't beat a bacon and mushroom sandwich or better still, a full English breakfast but without the black pudding.

By the way, you Americans are silly. You show the date as mm/dd/yyyy instead of the more sensible dd/mm/yyyy :redtongue:
We're rebels. We do what we want. :rockout:

Speaking of, I just bought this mug for DD for her new apartment. It was a gift from Lilith and Sophie because it sums up their opinion on life. DD loves it

www.amazon.com/What-Want-Cat-Coffee-Mug/dp/B076B5BDGG/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1526168001&sr=8-13&keywords=i%2Bdo%2Bwhat%2Bi%2Bwant%2Bcat%2Bmug&th=1