Math Geniuses... Pls Help?

patti511

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How many cups are in a 15 lb bag?
I have 5 cats, they will be eating 1/2 cup each daily. I’m ordering Life’s Abundance. I want to auto-ship. Will a 15 lb. bag last a month???? I feel so stupid, I can’t think.
(They’ll also be eating one 3 ounce can each) I’m impressed with LA food.
Thanks!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually find out how many calories are in a cup, and they usually have amount of total calories in the bag listed on the bag?

Other than that it depends on density, lol.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually, there are 4 cups of kibble in a pound. The exact weight depends on density, of course, but that's usually a safe rough estimate.

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The above sounds about right. That means for 5 cats 24 days roughly. If the calories will allow for slightly less than the 1/2 cup - you could potentially stretch is the the 30/31 days.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well to find out exactly, if you have a scale, measure how much a cup of food weighs. Then divide 15 lb by how much one cup weighs and it will tell you how many cups make 15 lbs.

I would think 15 lbs might last a month, I have 10 cats and go though about two 16 lb bags a month plus wet food. But different food weighs different amounts.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
If you're doing Chewy's autoship you could always get a bag, see how long it lasts, then edit your shipping frequency to coincide..

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always end up emailing customer support and asking how many grams 1/2 cup and 5/8 cup weighs, since those were the allowances during my boys' diets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

patti511

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks, everyone. Chewy doesn’t sell this food...I have to buy it directly from the company. You’ve been very helpful! :-)