Marmite

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I was not around when Marmite was ill but think it's a wonderful idea to have a little remembrance ceremony for her as you do. Although I don't know what she went through her last days, I think many of us wonder if we handled things the best way. I still wonder if I did enough for my soulcat, Wesley, and can not even allow myself to dwell on it too much. The reality is that we do the best we can and that is all we can really ask of ourselves. There is no question that you loved Marmite and made the best decision you could make for her with the information you had. Whether we worry we did too much, or not enough, we made our choices based on love for our cats and should try to let those regrets go. Our beloved kitties would not want us to be in such pain.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We should all be as lucky to have someone love us as much as you loved Marmite. I am sorry for your loss. 

ruthm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Each year, we have our special remembrance day for Marmite. I still cry for her on this day.

There's not a day that I don't think of her & I often blame myself for making her try so hard to get over her illness. I still panic thinking that there must have been something I could have done. I remember that I loved how she used to look at me & how we would gaze into each other's eyes. I'm so sorry, Marmite.
I wasn't here when you lost your dear Marmite, but I  wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss; I think we can all recognize why you will still cry for her, especially on this day.  I still cry for my GA's that I lost 12 years ago...I am told that grieving is a 5 part process, but there isn't a timeline, it takes however long it takes to heal our broken hearts, there are no easy answers :-( 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing left to say is that although we have all suffered so much since our little ones left us, it is still better to have loved them and known their love then to have never known them at all. They enriched our lives so much in the time we had with them it is almost impossible to describe what we had. I pray for all of the broken hearted, that we all may heal one day and come to peace in our hearts, knowing we have experienced something that few truly get to experience. May God bless us all, take care.............