Marmite

biscuity

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I lost my beautiful friend Marmite today.

I am grieving & it is hurting, almost impossibly hurting more than I can bare.

Marmite was my best friend & loved so much. I will miss her every day for the rest of my life.

She is an angel now. I love you Marmite.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know how hard you fought for her. I am SO SO sorry, and I can't begin to imagine your grief. :heart3:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:rbheart: Rest peacefully, Marmite. :rbheart:

Last edited:

ols4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my first post but I had to say I'm so very sorry for your lost.As I sit here and cry for you I know how very hard this is.I was also told Saturday that my beautiful boy Oreo has cancer (the vet feels) but doing 2 medications at this time.Mermite had wonderful loving humans that was caring for her as she was like a newborn.You done a great job.I could  feel your pain as you have been struggling to make her better.Rainbow Bridge has a beautiful angel now and she is watching over you.God Bless Both of you.Hugs to you friends.

lili2008

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Biscuit,

I am very sorry for your loss! I remember you supported me when my Lili died last week and i wrote here... You were worried about your kitty Marmite and I wished her to be OK....

You did your best, be sure. You stayed with her, tried to help her, but someone or something decided that it's her time to go.... It's cruel, I know. You are now asking thousand questions maybe, why Marmite, why not other cat that nobody would miss her or a cat that is unhappy...?

When my Lili died, I didn't eat for 3 days and I woke up every morning at 2am, crying. I was devastated and i didn't want to live. Seriously, I thought that her death happened on purpose, against me. She was one of the most precious beings i had...

It helped me to write it down, to write the whole story several times, how everything happened. I even wrote a 3 page story of Lili, from the moment we brought her to our apartment, her first moments, how she was different from her sister, about her kidney problems, about her babies, everything about her.

I created a photo book (an album) of all pictures of Lili. It will remind you all the beautiful moments you had with your kitty. I plan to bury her ashes in the forest close to our apparent. I will join a photo of 4 of us: my husband, Lumi (her son), Mina (her sister) and me and i will write a short text on the other side. To keep us with her.

This is my way of dealing with the pain, everyone is different. Just take as much time as you need. Don't worry about other people's comments or remarks, saying that it was just a cat, they can't understand. My father told me last week, that other worse things can happen and yesterday he called me asking if I forgot already...????  

It doesn't hurt so much as it did last week, but we still miss her. Last night i dreamt about her, that we went to the hospital and she was alive... and then i woke up and cry....

Marmite knew that you loved her. She will now rest peacefully.

Love to you and your familly.

Last edited:

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss of Marmite
 Your bound to be hurting now, but if you need to talk you know there's always someone in here

Have fun at the Bridge
 Marmite

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

biscuity

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your replies. We are devastated by the loss of our lovely Marmite. Not an hour goes by without my breaking down & crying my heart out. Last night, I awoke at 2am crying. My wife & I talked about our good times with Marmite & remembered little things that she did. I couldn't sleep, so I got up & started to write a book about Marmite's life right from when she was born. I have written the first chapter & I have written it as though it is Marmite writing the book & from her point of view. I love writing about her life.

We have been into town today to buy a photo frame. I am now choosing some photos for it. Unfortunately I had to stop the car a few times as I had started crying. We also booked Marmite's cremation & we will find a beautiful urn for her ashes & meantime they will give us a temporary urn. At the moment, I want to create a little Marmite area with her photo frame & her ashes. Later, it gives me the opportunity to scatter her ashes somewhere, or maybe bury them & plant a beautiful rose either in our garden or somewhere in the countryside. At the moment, I want her here with me.

Earlier, my wife found one of Marmite's whiskers. We have kept it as the most precious thing in the world.

Last night, we had a special little remembering time for Marmite & this evening at 5pm we had 1 minute silence for her. We will have the minute silence for her every year forever.

Lili, thank you for your lovely kind words. It does help. I decided about the writing because I felt the need, I think we both had the same idea. There is an online book service where they will publish & print a one-off book for you.

Our inscription in memory of our lovely friend Marmite. She is an angel now.

Marmite

1998 – 2011

We will always love you, little Angel

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss. I was following your posts about Marmite and saw how you did everything you could to save her. Unfortunately, these things are so often completely out of our hands. RIP, Marmite.

katiesmummy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so very sorry about the passing of your beloved Marmite. Although I am new to this forum I have appreciated your replies to me this last week and I have read all your posts on Marmite. I write this amidst a watery blur of tears  - rest in peace Marmite  ....what a very loved pussy cat you were ... your purrs and pawprints will last forever in your mummy and daddy's hearts. Take strength in the fact that you loved her so much and were so brave in doing that final service for her. Purrs from Katie and me.

kmd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry about Marmite, we lost our little Elmo to congestive heart failure December 5th also...

With sympathy...

lovemycats2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It might help to remember all the fun times about Marmite's life with you, the time together, you know.  That unique story that belong to Marmite and only Marmite.  As I grieve my own loss, I somehow feel that my cat would not want me to be sad to the point where I was really down.  I think our cats want us to be as happy as possible.  At least a bit as happy as we have made their lives as well.  Remember, they love us and care about us as well.    

biscuity

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your messages last year. It as been so painful for me. Thank you all for caring.

Today is a year from Marmite's death. I have been devastated by her loss & think about her constantly. My wife has been very supportive & I am extremely grateful to her. She has supported me in everything, including my decision to take Marmite to Liverpool Vet hospital & we were all together at home when Marmite passed away.

I kept Marmite's ashes & had a beautiful box made to keep the ashes & to remember her.

Thank you again.
Nick

biscuity

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you Rosie & Otto.

We had a special remembrance for Marmite this evening. We had our little time at 5pm with us both sitting together in Marmite's favourite window. We had heart shape candles & enjoyed some photos of her. I had also bought some special candles for our evening meal, which was in memory of her.

We will have a special time for her every year.

biscuity

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Another year has gone past. I always think of Marmite & still miss her terribly. We are having her special little remembrance today.

For the past week I've been feeling a repeat of a sort of rising panic inside of me & I still cry now & then. This forum really helped me through what was the worst time of my life.

I really would like to thank you all for the kind help & support you gave me.

Thank you.

xxx

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Chrissy will have died a year ago Sunday......I,too, have had some sort of panic attacks ( or overwhelming grief) at times this last week. Maybe we can comfort each other through this site by talking about it, and remembering the good times we had with them. I hope your remembrance went well, it's so bittersweet to visit those past memories, and to think it's been year. I still cry at times and it hurts to think of others being in such pain too, but you really don't know the anguish until you love and lose as much as we have. The pain of a broken heart is as real as any other, and often takes the longest to heal. Take care and know we're here to help in any way we can. Bless you for loving so much.RIP beautiful Marmite!

biscuity

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Each year, we have our special remembrance day for Marmite. I still cry for her on this day.

There's not a day that I don't think of her & I often blame myself for making her try so hard to get over her illness. I still panic thinking that there must have been something I could have done. I remember that I loved how she used to look at me & how we would gaze into each other's eyes. I'm so sorry, Marmite.