March Contest: Draw Me a Picture!

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
 " Grace takes a Catnap "  been busy with the PC Pencil again , is this really my 8th entry I could of sworn I stopped at seven
I stripped everything back on this picture and just did a simple line drawing , I think Grace looks very peaceful  

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I stripped everything back on this picture and just did a simple line drawing , I think Grace looks very peaceful  
Mouse take over....  this is what it's been like the past 2 weeks since Mouse decided he would become a between me and my lap top lap cat. 
@MServant    I really like the intensity on Mouse's face in the first drawing, and how focused he looks.

However, I would like a "RULING" on that second drawing.
   LOL ....  I did not see any where in the "rules" that you are allowed to get your "cat..Mouse", to do the drawing for you.
 That is not fair.....lol.  My cat Spotty has no artistic ability, .....all he does is MOVE, when I try to draw him.  So really, should your "between (you) and (your) lap top lap cat" be allowed this entry??  (The proof is right there in that drawing....I am looking straight at him....LOL)

On a serious side, what do you have in your left hand?  Is it a remote? Because you seem to be looking away over the screen.

It is an awesome drawing, because it is so realistic.  Very cozy.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

On a serious side, what do you have in your left hand?  Is it a remote? Because you seem to be looking away over the screen.

Afraid it's more an indication of my (or is that Mous's) poor artistic skills than anything I was holding......  it was ment to be one of Mouse's front legs but didn't work out that well.  Or maybe Mouse was changing the TV channel and I just didn't register that coz I was so caught up in the drawing.

BTW @cat nap, I noticed a scary resemblance between your Spotty's eyebrows and my hair do, I may need to go to a new stylist. 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Afraid it's more an indication of my (or is that Mous's) poor artistic skills than anything I was holding......  it was ment to be one of Mouse's front legs but didn't work out that well.  Or maybe Mouse was changing the TV channel and I just didn't register that coz I was so caught up in the drawing.

BTW @cat nap, I noticed a scary resemblance between your Spotty's eyebrows and my hair do, I may need to go to a new stylist. 

LOL...Okay, so my Spotty, may not actually have eyebrows like that "gremlin" cat-thing I drew.

But I honestly  thought that your "hairdo" was maybe one of those fancy "head scarfs" or "kerchiefs" , that some people wear.  Idk, I am not into "fashion" so would not really know.

So, now that you said it was hair, and not a scarf, ....What is that thing under your chin?  I thought it was a bow.  Can't be a necklace, because it doesn't go all around.?

You are not the only one, whose cat uses the computer.....check out cassiopea's cat here:http://www.thecatsite.com/t/274377/the-computer-wiz#

All these talented cats.  If merlin2000 comes back and posts a drawing of his cat using the computer, then I know the "fix is in"...LOL....
(oh, I just remembered....one of his cats...has been seen flying a spaceship.....lol.....so nevermind)

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
 For sure, lions have to count as cats!!  LOL...And your drawing reminds me that Spring is just around the corner....so double bonus!.
  lol.     You are so creative.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

For sure, lions have to count as cats!!  LOL...And your drawing reminds me that Spring is just around the corner....so double bonus!.
  lol.     You are so creative.

Weeeee, your dandi Lion even has a little blush!  Very cute @Wolfie305. :-D

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sure that everyone can relate to this one.  I sure can, and always, no matter how bad or good the day, love these moments.  Thanks for capturing it so accurately, @cassiopea.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Very Interesting!  I thought it already looked finished until I read your post. (and I swear I haven't been drinking either).

Now, I see the mask's outlines.

I love how you post the progress of your drawings.

When @MServant   comes online, I'm sure she will have more helpful artistic points (or whatever the two of you artists end up discussing....lol)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Wow @Merlin2000, I am impressed as always by your imagination and paint creation!  Definitely see where you're heading and looking forward to seeing the finished piece. 
  I think I have slipped in to a creative lull. 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW!  Just imaginative.  The colours are striking.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Wow @Merlin2000, I am impressed as always by your imagination and paint creation!  Definitely see where you're heading and looking forward to seeing the finished piece. 
  I think I have slipped in to a creative lull. 
Creative lull or just "lazzy"?  Someone said that to me once.....lol.  To get those juices flowing, I think you will have to spend more time with Mouse then, and ask him for his assistance.....again....lol (I am so going away now....lol.)