Manx Kitty Having Peeing Issues

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jill loves Geno

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I recommend another vet visit, the antibiotics dont always clear up the uti first go round, he may need more, or another antibiotic. They are like people with this.

If he is having problems with anxiety you may need to talk to the vet about an anti anxiety medication as well. They can help a lot with some cats that dont use the litter box!
The vet visits are a financial hardship for me. I know I’m going to take him back for another check but I hope they don’t want to keep him and run tests. He is otherwise healthy. Playful, happy, purrs, eating, affectionate, pooping in litter box, and wants to cuddle but I don’t want pee on me.

Jill loves Geno

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When did you take him to the vet? When my Ruby had an UTI, she also got a shot for the antibiotics, and it took a few days before she stopped peeing all the little tiny clumps.
Weeks ago

Jill loves Geno

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry your cat is still peeing on your bed. It sounds like he possibly has 2 issues: the UTI and stress/anxiety.

Is he peeing in the litter box at all?

About Feliway, I've never used it, but have read there's 2 different kinds, and some people have better success with one or the other. So possibly the other type might work better for you. Also, maybe look into calming treats.
He won’t eat treats! I know weird. I adopted a total basket case. But he is by far the most loving cat I have ever had. He doesn’t pee in litterbox at all.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would tell the vet his symptoms. When Demi had a UTI, they gave me 10 days worth of antibiotics without running any expensive tests.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would tell the vet his symptoms. When Demi had a UTI, they gave me 10 days worth of antibiotics without running any expensive tests.
That, plus tell them you can't afford another exam fee. A lot of vets have heart. If they won't help, well, you unfortunately don't have much choice since the nature's miracle or similar product would eventually end up costing more than the vet visit.

Now that we tested and its not habit-related, we can be pretty sure its either a UTI, or something else medical. As others have noted, cats sometimes have anxiety left over from the UTI when peeing hurt, but since yours is peeing when relaxed and using the litter box when awake, its probably not that. My main concern would be that an untreated UTI (and if its still there after the first round its currently untreated) could eventually become a systemic infection.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet visits are a financial hardship for me. I know I’m going to take him back for another check but I hope they don’t want to keep him and run tests. He is otherwise healthy. Playful, happy, purrs, eating, affectionate, pooping in litter box, and wants to cuddle but I don’t want pee on me.
He is a beautiful boy. I hope they can help you figure it out. Im guessing he needs another round of antibiotics, and or the anti anxiety medications. Be honest with your vet about the financial hardship. they can sometimes help to keep things less expensive!

Keep us updated, i will worry about the little guy!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, be honest with your vet about what you can afford. I did this and my vet cured Demi's UTI for under $100.

Jill loves Geno

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They did give him liguid antibiotics the first time and he threw up and was lethargic. So we stopped that and he went to vet and they gave him a shot

Jill loves Geno

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree, be honest with your vet about what you can afford. I did this and my vet cured Demi's UTI for under $100.
I have always been brutally honest with my vet. Maybe they are not very schooled in this problem.

Jill loves Geno

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is a beautiful boy. I hope they can help you figure it out. Im guessing he needs another round of antibiotics, and or the anti anxiety medications. Be honest with your vet about the financial hardship. they can sometimes help to keep things less expensive!

Keep us updated, i will worry about the little guy!
I keep telling my husband that the better food and litter we get might save us in vet bills. I lied.

Jill loves Geno

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That, plus tell them you can't afford another exam fee. A lot of vets have heart. If they won't help, well, you unfortunately don't have much choice since the nature's miracle or similar product would eventually end up costing more than the vet visit.

Now that we tested and its not habit-related, we can be pretty sure its either a UTI, or something else medical. As others have noted, cats sometimes have anxiety left over from the UTI when peeing hurt, but since yours is peeing when relaxed and using the litter box when awake, its probably not that. My main concern would be that an untreated UTI (and if its still there after the first round its currently untreated) could eventually become a systemic infection.
He isn’t peeing in litterbox at all. Only poop. And now he wants to eat more??

LokiTuxedo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One of our cats developed a UTI and seemed okay until she urinated in the sink. Which was alarming. The vet said that she might have done this to seek attention or simply bc of frequency and unable to hold it.
We found out she had developed crystals in her urine due to the PH levels in her food. As soon as we switched her food to a prescription diet, her problems went away and she was very happy again!

The vet also expressed that the food is generally good for urinary health for cats overall, with or without problems.
The Brand is Hill's Prescription Diet. Urinary Care c/d Multicare.

Maybe mention it to the vet and see what they think. Couldn't hurt!

Jill loves Geno

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So update from my vet. They want me to put him on a kitty Prozac???? Our family are not pill takers and I hate to think of putting that stuff into his sweet little body. What do you think guys?????

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he does not have any blockages, crystals or an infection, anything medical that is causing the issue i think its a great thing to try. Im not a pill taker either, but when its medically needed i would do it. And i think for you guy it may be necessary.

It may not have to be forever. Long enough to help him learn to deal with his anxiety issues. I think the medication would be better than him, and you continuing to stress.

He is a beautiful boy! :heartshape:

Jill loves Geno

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If he does not have any blockages, crystals or an infection, anything medical that is causing the issue i think its a great thing to try. Im not a pill taker either, but when its medically needed i would do it. And i think for you guy it may be necessary.

It may not have to be forever. Long enough to help him learn to deal with his anxiety issues. I think the medication would be better than him, and you continuing to stress.

He is a beautiful boy! :heartshape:
I heard that they don’t react well to it at first. Is it scary? I hate to see him lethargic or laying around like a zombie! When he first had his uti I gave him a half of a pain pill that they prescribed and he just looked at me like he was scared! And was lost. Is that weird?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No its not weird, but i dont think the anti anxiety meds will work like a pain pill. I have not had to give it to mine. Just a lot of other people who have said it saved them and their cats. Hopefully someone who has used it will chime in. If there is a problem, and you cant help him any other way, i think its a good choice to try.