Male unneutered, cat named prince

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Prince was given to me by a family member I have been trying to find him a good home but but haven’t had any luck prince has been trying to have sex with his female kitten which I definitely believe to be way to young for that I caught him laying on his side and trying to penetrate his kitten I was very shocked to see this being as though she is way to young and I thought he would know this.. he is expressing very weird behavior to where he is sneaking around and watching me to see if I’m paying attention that’s just one of the things I just can’t explain it I really need some advice about this I’m not sure to how long he has been doing this to his kitten Khia

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
That poor little kitten. You need to keep them apart. If there is any chance the kitten is old enough to go on heat, then she will get pregnant. She could be already and that would be an appalling thing to happen.
Are you saying Prince is the father?
You really do need to get him fixed asap, no matter what.
I see from another thread that you are looking to rehome him. You will have very little luck with that unless he's neutered.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That poor little kitten. You need to keep them apart. If there is any chance the kitten is old enough to go on heat, then she will get pregnant. She could be already and that would be an appalling thing to happen.
You really do need to get him fixed asap.
Yes prince is the father I’m going to take khia to get seen I have been trying to rehouse prince

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I edited my post as you were posting. You need to have him neutered asap. Meanwhile keep him away from all unspayed females.

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes prince is the father I’m going to take khia to get seen I have been trying to rehouse prince
I have been staying up worried that he will keep trying to hump on her again it’s very scary he is so smart to the point he wiggles his cat chain to make noise so it would make khia come to him like I have never seen this and he looks at me then looks away like a human

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I edited my post as you were posting. You need to have him neutered asap. Meanwhile keep him away from all unspayed females.
I am in the Washington DC navy yard area I have been trying to find places that would neuter him but haven’t had any luck I’m beyond stressed and very sad

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You really do need to get him fixed asap, no matter what.
I see from another thread that you are looking to rehome him. You will have very little luck with that unless he's neutered.
I’m definitely trying khia was born on the 8th of March of this year of course

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In your home, can you not physically separate the two cats with 100% certainty? Like keep them in different rooms with closed doors?

It is worth getting an extra litter box to do this, so that you can guarantee they are separate. Until you can figure out how to get him neutered, I would make this a priority.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, find a place and have him neutered as soon as you can. She is WAY too young for this type of thing. they can become pregnant at 4 months old, and it can hurt, even kill them. I lost two at 5 months. Please keep them separated until then. Or supervise when they are together. can you keep the female with you at night and lock him out?

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, find a place and have him neutered as soon as you can. She is WAY too young for this type of thing. they can become pregnant at 4 months old, and it can hurt, even kill them. I lost two at 5 months. Please keep them separated until then. Or supervise when they are together. can you keep the female with you at night and lock him out?
I have just called the humane society to surrender him but the appointment is not till June 🤦🏽‍♀️ there is only one kitty litter box in my bathroom that’s in my room

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In your home, can you not physically separate the two cats with 100% certainty? Like keep them in different rooms with closed doors?

It is worth getting an extra litter box to do this, so that you can guarantee they are separate. Until you can figure out how to get him neutered, I would make this a priority.
Ok

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I’m definitely really scared and haven’t slept I can’t wait that long

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I am working on that now I have him in another room for now so they are separated but the little one keeps trying to run out the room every time the door is open and he tries to jet under the bed it’s a pain

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am working on that now I have him in another room for now so they are separated but the little one keeps trying to run out the room every time the door is open and he tries to jet under the bed it’s a pain
Can you use something like a child gate?
I have seen some other threads on this forum about how to block doorways with child gates. Sorry I don't have links right now, but maybe you can search, and/or others can contribute.

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you use something like a child gate?
I have seen some other threads on this forum about how to block doorways with child gates. Sorry I don't have links right now, but maybe you can search, and/or others can contribute.
I’ve called a friend and she’s on the way to pick prince up now !! Thank goodness I’m taking khia to the doctors once he gets picked up

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please post an update here after your kitten is checked out, if you feel comfortable doing so. We always like to know how these stories end once they are started in forum threads.
Hello khi is fine I took her to get seen and she is only 3 months and is not pregnant and was given all of her shots she is doing very well thanks for everyone’s help