Male Cat In Heat?

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
all sudden one of my boy cats is crying out loud like a in heat cry moved to new place 4 weeks ago and now they cant go outside he isint fixed and hes showing odd aggressive playful behavior

whats strange is my cat in my profile is fixed and he keeps jumping on him humpging him awhile the boy in heat rolls around happy on the ground while the other tries to straddle him tis pretty weird lol im just worried that hes gonna wake my neighbors since ive been here he hasnt wanted t go out one time.

but now he just keeps crying out really loud makes me think hes in heat tbh i dont think hed be able to do anything with it anyways given hes such a small cat lol only about 11 months old

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Heat is technically when a female is in the receptive period of her reproductive cycle. AKA she's fertile and can get pregnant. Meaning that males, by definition, can't be in heat. A male cat, once sexually mature, can mate with any female whenever she is in heat and don't go through cycles.

You may be seeing his reaction to the smell or sound of a female in heat outside your place. Him trying to get out to her and let her know he is there. You should get him fixed to prevent him from spraying in your home and do NOT let him out again until he is. While he is young, it only takes a second and a bit of luck for him to impregnate a female. Then she's stuck with kittens and if she doesn't have a home those kittens will likely die.

Another possibility is he is going a little stir crazy and trying to get out. My boy gets loud and antsy in the evenings. Having a set routine helps calm him down and settle to bed. But with your move and the changes it could be your boy just is antsy. Developing a routine in your new space could help him settle.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he is a male cat, he can't come into heat. Sexually mature males are ready to mate at any time. Both males and females will yowl to attract mates, though. If he is doing a lot of that, he may start spraying soon and developing other annoying behaviors... it would be a good idea to get him neutered before that starts.

Is it possible that "he" is actually a female? That would explain a lot of the behavior you describe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If he is a male cat, he can't come into heat. Sexually mature males are ready to mate at any time. Both males and females will yowl to attract mates, though. If he is doing a lot of that, he may start spraying soon and developing other annoying behaviors... it would be a good idea to get him neutered before that starts.

Is it possible that "he" is actually a female? That would explain a lot of the behavior you describe.
no hes got big white balls lol and almost everytime i pet him lately rub him he has an erection it started about 3 months ago but all sudden tonight hes going nuts i cant stop him from acting out right now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Heat is technically when a female is in the receptive period of her reproductive cycle. AKA she's fertile and can get pregnant. Meaning that males, by definition, can't be in heat. A male cat, once sexually mature, can mate with any female whenever she is in heat and don't go through cycles.

You may be seeing his reaction to the smell or sound of a female in heat outside your place. Him trying to get out to her and let her know he is there. You should get him fixed to prevent him from spraying in your home and do NOT let him out again until he is. While he is young, it only takes a second and a bit of luck for him to impregnate a female. Then she's stuck with kittens and if she doesn't have a home those kittens will likely die.

Another possibility is he is going a little stir crazy and trying to get out. My boy gets loud and antsy in the evenings. Having a set routine helps calm him down and settle to bed. But with your move and the changes it could be your boy just is antsy. Developing a routine in your new space could help him settle.
its pretty upsetting the new place i move to is a dump im upstairs and the wood is bad and my neighbors below me complain by me just waling saying they hear everything loud and every night from 11-3 they start to chase each other on wooden floors and slide around crashing into walls and they ehar it im so tempted t toss him outside t stop it from happening but if i do he could disappear isnt a good place for cats to be out here

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do not let him outside! He needs to be fixed. Letting him out is dangerous and will lead to many more cats being born outside.

Do you have a vet or a clinic near your house? Your males will start fighting if they are not all neutered soon.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember back in another thread, that you posted your vet's website, and their price list said that cat neuters are only $35? I know money is tight but that's a really good price, hopefully you can find a way to get him neutered soon :).

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
its pretty upsetting the new place i move to is a dump im upstairs and the wood is bad and my neighbors below me complain by me just waling saying they hear everything loud and every night from 11-3 they start to chase each other on wooden floors and slide around crashing into walls and they ehar it im so tempted t toss him outside t stop it from happening but if i do he could disappear isnt a good place for cats to be out here
They probably are both reacting to the changes. A routine will really help them both settle and adjust to their new environment. Along with getting him neutered so the situation doesn't continue to escalate.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you tell us where you are located we can find low cost clinics near you. Or take advantage of that $35 neuter!! Like now! This behavior will never stop with an intact male and will likely only get worse.