male cat fixed

knoxy79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi can anyone help,I had my male cat Alfie fixed two weeks ago but my female cat who I plan on getting fixed next month has came into heat, (indoor cat so no chance of getting pregnant) He keeps trying to mount her,stupid question but is there a slight chance he could get her pregnant so soon after op??

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi can anyone help,I had my male cat Alfie fixed two weeks ago but my female cat who I plan on getting fixed next month has came into heat, (indoor cat so no chance of getting pregnant) He keeps trying to mount her,stupid question but is there a slight chance he could get her pregnant so soon after op??
I know some vets recommend 30 days just to be safe.  After two weeks, I would say there is still a chance.  In another two weeks or so, his hormones will probably come down enough that he will stop trying to mount her.

Keep them separate until she is spayed or he stops "tomming" her.

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A male cat can remain fertile up to 49 days after neutering, though doubt most last that long, but it's still possible. So your going to have to separate them to be sure she doesn't get impregnated. Spaying her, even if she is pregnant at that early stage, is still possible also as long as doing so won't upset you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

knoxy79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi thanks for both your replies i will keep them both apart for just now and book her in as soon as possible

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi thanks for both your replies i will keep them both apart for just now and book her in as soon as possible
Good for you!
  Once they are both not having hormone surges, you will be surprised how much more loving they are.  Also, you will have a ringside seat for the kitty wrestling matches.