Making the bed around the cat

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's just as bad getting into bed at the end of the day...you're dead tired but they're fast asleep right in the middle of the bed. You politely ask them to move but they pretend not to hear you. Then you have two choices: manually move them and risk their scorn or try to find a way to fit in around them. I usually chose the latter, settling down in a somewhat uncomfortable position. It takes a while but eventually you get drowsy and just before you fall asleep, they jump off.
Not only jump off, but start either galloping around or doing major excavations in the litter!
It occurred to me recently as I wormed my way into the narrow space Daisy and Phoebe had left that I’m the afterthought in this bed. 🤨

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
So then there's the situation where you buy a brand new mattress and can't even put on the protector.
This happened while I was still paying the delivery people.
new mattress.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I forgot that you have to wash the new mattress protector and it took forever to dry. I thought it might be a good idea to cover the new mattress while I waited. However it was a bit like closing the gate after the horse had bolted.

under blanket.jpg