Making the bed around the cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Slightly OT I love your bedspread - do Nilah and Sundar pull lots of threads in it? I can imagine how tatty one like that would be if Daisy got to work on it.
Thank you.. it's new. I went a bit berserk when I got a new bedroom suite and mattress.
No they're pretty good. Any younger and I wouldn't have trusted them. There is also the 'sacrificial warming mat' that I keep on the end.. that's what they normally knead. ;)

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Casper would never sleep under the blanket. He HATES being covered with anything.

Casper will snuggle up under a chair or a table that has a blanket or cloth covering it. It's a clubhouse for him to hide inside but if the covers are actually on him, even if it's just part of his backside, he'll nope-out almost immediately.

In fact, if you want Casper to get off the bed, the easiest way is to cover him with the corner of the blanket. He'll scamper away.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Casper would never sleep under the blanket. He HATES being covered with anything.

Casper will snuggle up under a chair or a table that has a blanket or cloth covering it. It's a clubhouse for him to hide inside but if the covers are actually on him, even if it's just part of his backside, he'll nope-out almost immediately.

In fact, if you want Casper to get off the bed, the easiest way is to cover him with the corner of the blanket. He'll scamper away.
My cats are all like that now. Especially Quinn, he hates going under covers on the bed, but if I am making the bed he will do, or in other situations like that, so odd. My previous cats would cuddle up to me and spoon right under the covers and I miss it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are all like that now. Especially Quinn, he hates going under covers on the bed, but if I am making the bed he will do, or in other situations like that, so odd. My previous cats would cuddle up to me and spoon right under the covers and I miss it.
Oh, so do I! Several of my beloved angels would do that. It was so comforting and warming!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just don’t get it: he yells at me at some ungodly hour to GET UP. It’s not necessarily about being fed, it’s just time to rise. I stumble for the coffee, turn around, and he’s hogged the whole bed and gone to sleep. What IS that?
This is an old thread but I couldn't help but comment when I saw this.

Nobel used to wake my wife up. Acting starved, wasting away...you know how it is. No he just wanted her out of bed so he could cuddle me and lay on that side. And don't get me wrong, he would lay on her side to cuddle her frequently. But he thought in the morning she should get up promptly to leave us to our cuddle 🤣

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is an old thread but I couldn't help but comment when I saw this.

Nobel used to wake my wife up. Acting starved, wasting away...you know how it is. No he just wanted her out of bed so he could cuddle me and lay on that side. And don't get me wrong, he would lay on her side to cuddle her frequently. But he thought in the morning she should get up promptly to leave us to our cuddle 🤣
Cats are crepuscular. They hunt at dawn and dusk, so that's when they are most awake. It's really no mystery. Elvis is very much this way.