Making Serious Progress With Bc

Crazy8catlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So its been a few months since Ive been on here to talk about my snowshoe Brown Cat (BC):whiskers:

Well as you know hes an :censored: but over the course of 3 months I have been trying to get him to be more... social. He no longer eats from the table (Unless my dad sneaks), he sits with people nicely, AND HE LETS ME PET HIM!:petcat: YES BC LETS ME TOUCH HIM!:yess: He's like "You're an okay human you may touch me." he will snuggle my hand for a bit then bites... but its not a hurtful bite. It's more of a "yes yes yes...WAIT NO! *CHOMP* oh sorry old habits" lol

But tonight I decided to push my luck... I held him for 2 and a half seconds! he instantly realized what was going on hissed at me smacked me in the face and jumped. lmao ok sorry BC I thought we were having a moment.. I was wrong. but he came back to stick his head in my hand almost as if it was a half ass apology.
Either way.....it's progress:woo:

Stinky15

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So its been a few months since Ive been on here to talk about my snowshoe Brown Cat (BC):whiskers:

Well as you know hes an :censored: but over the course of 3 months I have been trying to get him to be more... social. He no longer eats from the table (Unless my dad sneaks), he sits with people nicely, AND HE LETS ME PET HIM!:petcat: YES BC LETS ME TOUCH HIM!:yess: He's like "You're an okay human you may touch me." he will snuggle my hand for a bit then bites... but its not a hurtful bite. It's more of a "yes yes yes...WAIT NO! *CHOMP* oh sorry old habits" lol

But tonight I decided to push my luck... I held him for 2 and a half seconds! he instantly realized what was going on hissed at me smacked me in the face and jumped. lmao ok sorry BC I thought we were having a moment.. I was wrong. but he came back to stick his head in my hand almost as if it was a half ass apology.
Either way.....it's progress:woo:
Have you seen this? Maybe it has something to do with the behavior.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He may have overstimulation problems. Try just stroking him once and quit. Then next time, after a while, two strokes until you find his overstimulation limit. watch for a switching tail, puffed tail and dilated eyes. Even two and a half seconds is progress! I have one little boy that doesn't like to be held and never will, but that is OK, I have spares that do!