Making Coughing Sounds

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Binx is just over a year, and since yesterday he’s been making hacking sounds off and on. He’s still eating, playing and acting normal.....but he will cough sometimes. He’s indoor only and definitely not the kind of cat to eat random things so I don’t think anything is stuck. Could it be a hairball? He’s never had one before. I’m all paranoid that it’s heart related or something....:(

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you truly don't believe he ate something inappropriate, then it is possible it is a hairball. You can try to give him a dab of butter/margarine from your finger or put it on his paw to lick off. Starting off, maybe do it a couple of times, then again tomorrow and see if he stops coughing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok, thanks. Will try that.

ILoveRatsAndAllAnimals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Binx is just over a year, and since yesterday he’s been making hacking sounds off and on. He’s still eating, playing and acting normal.....but he will cough sometimes. He’s indoor only and definitely not the kind of cat to eat random things so I don’t think anything is stuck. Could it be a hairball? He’s never had one before. I’m all paranoid that it’s heart related or something....:(
Does he have any stuff on his hose or eyes? Any stress lately, maybe it is a respiratory infection, those can sometimes happen from stress.