Maine coon kittens drooling

patticollins59

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi I have a maine coon kitten. He is 6 months old. I noticed that wear ever he is st it a wet spot we think he is either drooling or liking the furniture. Has anyone one else had this happen?

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a young adult cat that drools when he is happy.  This is usually when he is cuddling with us. He has left small wet spots on clothes but I have never found wet spots on my furniture.   If your cat is drooling randomly all the time then I would take him to the vet for a check-up.

Is your kitten fixed yet? If he is not fixed then it should be done before he starts spraying the furniture.  

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat saliva contains marking pheromones.

When a cat rubs its face on a person or object, we might think it's cute but, in reality, the cat is rubbing its pheromone-containing saliva on you. It's a cat's way of saying, "Mine."

If a cat scent marks a person, it's because he is calling you part of his clan... He loves you enough to call you "His human."

If your cat salivates so much that he drools, he must REALLY LOVE YOU! :D
Casper sometimes drools when he snuggles with us, too.

However, if you think there might be something wrong with your cat, do call a vet.

Bottom line... Mostly normal. :lol3:

DestroyerMon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our new Maine coon is about 6 months old we just got him recently and he was sick that was about a month ago and we were taking him to a vet to see if he was healthy and during the car ride he started to drool upon further inspection he starts to meow when he starts drooling. Does anyone know what's wring with him?

tvet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Cat, Sabboth, drools. He has since I rescued him from a shelter. My vet diagnosed him with stomatitis...a mild form of it. I would have your vet check him.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats drool all the time, some cats drool when they are happy and some drool because of bad teeth. But the most important thing about drooling is that it can occur if the cat has eaten something poisonous. So if a cat or kitten suddenly starts drooling get them to the vet asap.