Magpie and Blodwen

alexa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Two more of the rescue ponies came to the end of their journeys recently. Rest in peace ladies.

Magpie was a Piebald cob, about 29 years old. She was very arthritic and also blind in one eye. Although she had daily supplements for her arthritis, it had gotten very bad and she was in a lot of pain - lying down most of the day and in the end, unable to get up. Magpie - you were a real sweetheart and loved getting lots of attention. May you run pain-free at RB.

Blodwen was a Section A mare, aged about 32. She came to the rescue centre with her daughter Molly (aged 28) when their owners became too old to look after them properly. The 2 girls had never been separated their whole lives! They were halter broken just recently and were getting used to being handled. The vet thinks Blodwen had a large tumour on her intestines which was causing severe digestive problems and colic. She was in a lot of pain and after several attempts to make her well, it was decided that her time had come. Molly is coping well without her mum and has found a new companion.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear this, I know that they are over at the Bridge and playing and running around.

And I know that they are healthy once again.

RIP Magpie and Blodwen

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankfully they were in a safe place to peacefully live out their lives. You do wonderful things and know that all your rescues that have crossed over are now happy and healthy.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rest in peace Magpie & Blodwen , say hi to my horse blackie for me.
i am sure he knows are the cool places to hang out now.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP Magpie & Blowden....gallop and play well over the Rainbow Bridge.