LW's accident in my car...help with smell

belle8bete

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Folks,

So when I was taking LW to the vet yesterday I had to slam on breaks (my fault, I spaced out) and he peed himself/complained.  

I used the nature's miracle on the car and the carrier and it has helped, but I can still detect it faintly.  I am not sure if perhaps I just need to drench that whole seat (maybe I'm just missing a spot?)

Any suggestions would be great.  I love LW but I don't want to smell him every time I get in the car. 

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
A number of years ago the neighbor's cat got into my car and sprayed. This was before I knew anything about enzyme cleaners. Even driving with the windows open was not pleasant.

I made a thin paste of baking soda and water, rubbed it into the carpeting, and removed it with a paper towel. Then I rubbed another layer of the baking soda paste in and left it to dry. I was able to vacuum it out after a couple of hours and the smell was completely gone.

thecatzmeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've used pretty much everything on the market and tried natural remedies too. Nothing works like Zero Odor! There's a Zero Odor stain remover too, and one that can be used in the laundry. I usually buy them in bulk on Amazon.

Attachments