Luna is Hiding Under The Bed?

kittylover23

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
:wavey:
My kitten Luna, has been hiding under the bed recently. She is a former feral and was rescued from my colony when she was three months old. She's a really sweet kitten, loves cuddling and people but she has been constantly hiding! How can I make her more comfortable? How can I stop the hiding? Any advice would be appreciated. :vibes:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww..... :heart2: How long has she been inside only? Is the bedroom her safe room? Is she there alone, without the other kitties allowed in? Or has she met the other kitties? Maybe a little more info would help?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover23

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's been inside only since mid October. :D
She's best buddies with the other kitties, Cookie and Cuddles.
In the bedroom, my dad is always in there watching TV really loud so I don't know why she finds it so safe :lol3: I thought loud noises were what were scaring her!
All the other kitties are allowed in. :nod:

She's very cuddly, and even though she's a bit shy, she's very friendly. She seems to be intimidated when she's on the ground and we're walking down though.

We're just really stumped on how to get her out from under the bed, :lol3:! She's under there behind 435436346463 boxes!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If this is unusual behavior, you need to get her to the vet.  I guess you can use a broom to shoo her out or take off the mattress and box springs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover23

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's been to the vet, and the vet said there is nothing wrong, he told me it is most likely a behavioral issue. Probably to do with the fact she's formerly feral? :vibes: She seems otherwise healthy also, eating normal and drinking normal, normal litterbox habits. She's a very shy girl though.

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat used to be feral. When we got him he lived under our bed for a month before he started to explore the rest of the house (well, he'd start exploring the bedroom first but would always retreat back under the bed). We just let him stay there til he felt comfortable enough to go around the rest of the house. Now, he only runs under the bed if we have company come over (he's very timid with everyone other than my husband and I). Or sometimes if he wants to take a nap in a quiet spot he'll go under the bed, but he's fine otherwise.

That being said, is this new behavior or has this been going on since October.

Does she stay under the bed the whole time or does she come out?

If she only Just started hiding, there may be something bothering her - whether health problem or something other that is scaring her.

If she's been doing this the whole time, don't force her out. Just tempt her with treats or games with teaser toys or something and she'll eventually come out when she feels comfortable.

EDIT: I just saw that you said she's been to the vet. Ok she's just shy then. Let her get acclimated at her own pace and have her own safe space.

Last edited: