Lump on my cat eyebrow.

Sayaka Yumi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all, my name is Manuela and i am new here. My cat Sayaka Yumi, has a lump on her eyebrow, since end of August. I took her to her vet and he gave her Fucicort, a cortisone and antibiotic ointment, saying it was nothing serious. I'll start by saying that I'm a hypochondriac even with my cats. I went to another vet because I read on the internet that it could be a mastocytoma. The new vet told me to do a cytology because both the mobile form and the area could be mastocytoma. Last Monday we were ready to do a cytology exam but we the vet stopped because it makes no sense doing it with cortisone. So we must wait 2 weeks and monday 9 october, we will make it. I cry a lot, my cat is a 4 years old mainecoon, she is fine, she eats regularly, goes to the litter box regularly, doesn't scratch her lump, which is really small.
I'm not looking for a diagnosis, the cytological test and the vet will take care of it... I just need positive thoughts, opinions, if it happened to someone and then in the end it wasn't anything malignant... sorry for the long post and for the spelling errors but I write from Italy and I am Italian.

Attachments

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has it stayed the same size since you've noticed it or has it gotten larger? My cat had a lump removed that looked sort of like a wart and it was weeping a small amount of fluid. I mentioned it to the shelter vet as I was fostering him at the time, and they said it's fine and it was "nothing." I was not satisfied with that answer and took him to our regular vet. We waited a few weeks to test it because they wanted to test it while he was already under for his dental cleaning. It hadn't changed in that time and didn't seem to bother him. It did turn out to be cancer, but they were able to remove it all and it hasn't come back. This was about 3 years ago.

I think waiting 2 weeks for the cortisone to wear off before testing it makes sense. I would just keep an eye on it to make sure it hasn't gotten any larger/changed in any way. As long as it doesn't seem to be causing him any pain/discomfort, it seems like the 2 weeks will be fine. Your guy is a beautiful boy and reminds me a lot of my sweet 18 year old man that I lost a couple years ago. He looks like a real sweetheart and he is lucky to have a human that cares so much about him. Try to not worry too much as it's likely it will not change over the next couple weeks and it's very possible they will be able to remove it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sayaka Yumi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for the reply :) the lump didn’t change, it looks like a crust, but there is nothing inside, is not like a pimple. It looks empty. The time to wait is killing me, anyway we play, eat good food, going outside with harness, play in the garden, everything as usual. i only hope is not cancer, i already lost 2 cats for cancer, one in january 2019 and the other august 2019. Again no, i am not ready, my heart still hurts.

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the reply :) the lump didn’t change, it looks like a crust, but there is nothing inside, is not like a pimple. It looks empty. The time to wait is killing me, anyway we play, eat good food, going outside with harness, play in the garden, everything as usual. i only hope is not cancer, i already lost 2 cats for cancer, one in january 2019 and the other august 2019. Again no, i am not ready, my heart still hurts.
Sorry, I was thinking your kitty was a male because mine was! She is a beautiful girl, I meant. :) I know the waiting game is no fun, but try not to worry until you have to, it may turn out to be nothing to worry about at all. You can worry later if there is a reason to.

Sayaka Yumi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry, I was thinking your kitty was a male because mine was! She is a beautiful girl, I meant. :) I know the waiting game is no fun, but try not to worry until you have to, it may turn out to be nothing to worry about at all. You can worry later if there is a reason to.
I will try my best to stay strong for her, thanx for your words :blush:

lwndlnd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all, my name is Manuela and i am new here. My cat Sayaka Yumi, has a lump on her eyebrow, since end of August. I took her to her vet and he gave her Fucicort, a cortisone and antibiotic ointment, saying it was nothing serious. I'll start by saying that I'm a hypochondriac even with my cats. I went to another vet because I read on the internet that it could be a mastocytoma. The new vet told me to do a cytology because both the mobile form and the area could be mastocytoma. Last Monday we were ready to do a cytology exam but we the vet stopped because it makes no sense doing it with cortisone. So we must wait 2 weeks and monday 9 october, we will make it. I cry a lot, my cat is a 4 years old mainecoon, she is fine, she eats regularly, goes to the litter box regularly, doesn't scratch her lump, which is really small.
I'm not looking for a diagnosis, the cytological test and the vet will take care of it... I just need positive thoughts, opinions, if it happened to someone and then in the end it wasn't anything malignant... sorry for the long post and for the spelling errors but I write from Italy and I am Italian.
Hi there! Cats tend to have warts on their head a lot for some reason. It can also be a cyst. If it’s not growing, doesn’t seem painful and isn’t bothering your cat — it’s great! Even if it’s a mast cell tumor, 80% of those are benign. Especially in cats so young. I can totally understand your anxiety though, I’m just like that with my cats. But I’m sure your kitty will be fine! Sending all the good vibes :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Manuela, sorry to read about your Sayaka Yumi.
I agree with what lwndlnd lwndlnd said, the lump could even be a cyst, hence harmless and easy to remove.
My cat Lola, in my avatar, had many of them in her life and I had at least three of them removed because I am as hypochondriac as you are when it comes to my cats, but all hystologies came back clear.

I am following your thread because one of the cats in my feral colony is ahowing something similar on her right eye. She's been like that for some months now, and it seems it isn't changing/growing, but I am interested to read how your situation develops.

Fingers crossed for your cat and her cytology on October 9.
It does make sanse to wait a few days without cortisone before making such a test.

P.S.: I'm Italian too, in Italy. Welcome to TCS!

Sayaka Yumi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so much to all!!!
I fill up on positive experiences and pass them on to my cat, damn my first vet who prescribed cortisone, I would already know the diagnosis by now. sometimes they work with embarrassing ease on the health of our pets.
I will update any changes, and of course what will happen 9 october!

Attachments

Sayaka Yumi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: we just had the cytological test, they will give us the result on Friday, they are not worried, they told me not to worry. the cyst has not enlarged, on the contrary, it seems smaller and the hair has grown, let's hope so! fingers crossed!