Lump On Kittens Shoulder

Jessiemae1996

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just got my kitten about a month ago and she is around 14/15 weeks old and when we first got her she was entergetic and playful and here the past week or so all she does is sleep , she has zero interest in being playful but she is very affectionate at times. I was playing with her earlier trying to get her up and going and I noticed a big lump on her shoulder . Before we got her she was attacked by a dog but like I said that’s been over a month ago and I am not sure what it could be please help !!!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign: Welcome to TCS! I don't know what is wrong with your kitten but she is definitely not feeling well. :sniffle: Here is a link to an article to help you assess her pain level based on observing her ears, eyes and whiskers.
https://www.avma.org/news/javmanews/pages/191001c.aspx

She probably needs a vet exam pronto! Does she feel hot to the touch in her paws and ears? You might need to take her temperature to figure out if she has an infection.

She is a very blessed kitten to have such an observant guardian. You are doing a great job on monitoring her health! A kitten who won't play is a sick or frightened kitten. Please keep us updated!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got my kitten about a month ago and she is around 14/15 weeks old and when we first got her she was entergetic and playful and here the past week or so all she does is sleep , she has zero interest in being playful but she is very affectionate at times. I was playing with her earlier trying to get her up and going and I noticed a big lump on her shoulder . Before we got her she was attacked by a dog but like I said that’s been over a month ago and I am not sure what it could be please help !!!
It's not normal for a kitten to sleep all the time! The lump on her shoulder may be infected or there may be something else wrong. She should see a vet. Furballsmom Furballsmom gave good advice about how to afford vet care, if that's an issue for you.

If she's 14/15 weeks old, I'm assuming she already got at least one set of kitten shots. She needs to get her last kitten booster shot soon (the last booster in the series can be given at 16 weeks), and this is also a good time to arrange to get her spayed, if she isn't spayed already.