Lucas is going blind:-(

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Tammy,
That picture of Lucas, Oh my sweet boy!! Poor baby! I am so sorry to hear the latest news.
I wish I could help! I will be praying for him!!

I am dealing with a couple of large unforeseen bills myself.
My B.P. was much higher than normal last month, so I ended up going to the ER, just to be safe, & get checked out.
(Since I had a T.I.A. (mini stroke 12 yrs ago, due to a tear in my right carotid artery).
Thank God, everything was ok, but ended up doubling my B.P. Rx amount for now.
Anyway....No insurance, the bill was about the same as yours above. Over 2,000.00!
Plus 750.00 for the Dr.s bill alone!! So, I applied for charity care w/ the hospital for that bill,
& am waiting to see if I get it. The Dr. doesn't match the charity care, SO, I will have to make
payments, as much as I can, but won't be much, as I'm pretty stretched already!

I will be praying for you two!! Give Lucas lots of kisses for me!! Tell him Auntie Kelly loves him!:hearthrob:
Much love! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Tammy,
That picture of Lucas, Oh my sweet boy!! Poor baby! I am so sorry to hear the latest news.
I wish I could help! I will be praying for him!!

I am dealing with a couple of large unforeseen bills myself.
My B.P. was much higher than normal last month, so I ended up going to the ER, just to be safe, & get checked out.
(Since I had a T.I.A. (mini stroke 12 yrs ago, due to a tear in my right carotid artery).
Thank God, everything was ok, but ended up doubling my B.P. Rx amount for now.
Anyway....No insurance, the bill was about the same as yours above. Over 2,000.00!
Plus 750.00 for the Dr.s bill alone!! So, I applied for charity care w/ the hospital for that bill,
& am waiting to see if I get it. The Dr. doesn't match the charity care, SO, I will have to make
payments, as much as I can, but won't be much, as I'm pretty stretched already!

I will be praying for you two!! Give Lucas lots of kisses for me!! Tell him Auntie Kelly loves him!:hearthrob:
Much love! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thnak you sooo much for your prayers, I'm so sorry you are deling with so many health problems, I will pray for you too!❤❤ I have received some donations and im trying to get the rest of the money becfore it gets worse, the ophthalmologist says he is in pain and that drives me crazy. But I have faith that we will be able to get him to surgery soon.
He is on 4 drops. It has been a crazy and difficult year for Lucas with his eyes issues.
hugs!!!!
Tammy and Lucas

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everybody, sorry for not posting sooner but I have been under a lot of stress with Lucas. He was scheduled to have surgery in 4 weeks but he had to have surgery two days ago because his eye got worse and he was in pain. He had his surgery and thank God everything went perfect. The red thing in his eye is normal and will go aways as he heals. Dr Bras removed the white tissue he had on his cornea and did a transplant using a healthy tissue from his cornea. They also did a biopsy so they can diagnose his problem. He has been ok but he can't eat or drink with the cone so i have to take it off everytime he is hungry and put it back, it is really difficuly because only one scratch could damage his eye. In two weeks he will be checked again and if everything goes well, he will be off the cone. But he will have to be monitored by the ophthalmologist until he heals.

Lucas' fundraiser is still open because we still have a lot of costs to cover. It is on the SOS page under Lucas needs surgery. If you can donate or share it will be deeply appreciated.Thank you all so much❤❤❤❤

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, sweet, sweet Lucas. I just want to hold him tight, looking at those pictures.
I am glad he was able to get the surgery done though, since he was in pain.
Poor baby he has had more than his share of things to deal with!
I pray for his continued healing.

Again, I wish I could help, but I can't seem to catch a break either.
Last week one of my lower molars (a second one back, smaller one from the front) broke more than half off!! Only one side left there. It was a tooth I had a root conal on over 20 yrs ago, so it finally gave. Since I have an appt Wends morning.
The cheapest fix is a bridge, so that's what I'm doing. Because they have to deal w/ the root, pk the bone, (bone graph) etc.. it's going to max out what's left ony care credit!
So, I am praying Sammie stays good & healthy , because the care credit will be used up! (Almost 3,000.00!!) I hate it, but that's why I have it. W/o insurance, it's all I have.

Thinking of you guys, hang in there, & give that sweet boy kisses from me!
Kelly

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Kelly, yes I know the pics are sad but he si doing a lot better now. It has been a hard year with his eyes. Aw Kelly, I'm. sosorry you have been through so much also! Will keep you in my prayers.
I have care credit also but I have been using it for his apointments so , there is not much credit available and they don't accept american express.
We have an appointmeht next wednesday, can't wait! I need Lucas to be off the cone, the poor guy hates it.
Thank God he is more relaxed now thagI got him a cone from petsmart.

Husg Kelly and get better soon❤

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, sweet picture. I just want to :kiss::kiss::kiss:
His face! I'm glad he's got a more comfortable cone....As much as possible anyway.
Yes, I have said that Sammie has to stay Healthy because the care credit is maxed!
At least that price also covers my follow up appt!
Thanks for your prayers! I was in the dentist chair for over 3 hrs yesterday!!
To say my jaw is sore is an understatement!
Not to mention 2 injection sites for the novicaine. They sent me home w/ Rx's for 800 mg. Of Motrin, & some hydrocodone.
I only took the hydrocodone at bedtime, because sensitive, & didn't know how it would make me feel. The Motrin has worked fine the rest of the time. They did a temporary bridge, & I will go bk on June 9th for the permimant, once the extraction site has healed.

Continued prayers for Lucas's healing!
:hugs: