Lost cat came home

MyloKitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mylo was lost for 2 weeks came home super happy but other cat Amber zero happy. Mylo is super social and has always slept in bed with us. Amber kind of keeps to self but at times hangs out and played with Mylo. Amber is now super aggressive and I am now sleeping alone in a room with Mylo which must be weird for him. For last four days Mylo gets locked up more often than not and only out when I put Amber into the room but I’m thinking maybe Amber should be the one locked up. Someone please help me so we don’t have to live in a room by ourselves.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MyloKitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
But who do I lock up more often ? Should it be amber since she’s the one who gets mad then stays hidden so she can feel safe knowing Mylo isn’t in her space somewhere?

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Switch their places so they get to be re-introduced to their scents again.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
But who do I lock up more often ? Should it be amber since she’s the one who gets mad then stays hidden so she can feel safe knowing Mylo isn’t in her space somewhere?
Have her in the room where she feels as most secure... Start from there, having her feeling safe anew.

Feliway is another good try as a filler, and or Flower Essence Theraphy, alike Dr Bachs. You could also bathe Mylo, so he washes off the scents from outside, and get more of home alike scents...

Usually it gets better after 2-3 days, here its already 4; so it shows Amber got it really... And thus, you must do more than most are doing...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MyloKitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Amber does have it rough. She’s a shy cat and My bother came a month ago with a cat that took over the basement. Mylo goes missing for two weeks, Amber got really sad and then Mylo comes back like he never left and Amber is all out of sorts. I’ve put Amber in a safe room where she doesn’t have to sneak around like Mylo is going to jump out and want to play. I’ll get calming stuff and do all the tricks in the book and super love Amber. Mylo is confused why Amber doesn’t like him. My poor kitties :(

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Also - scent swap, primarily wiping slightly damp towels on Amber and rubbing them on Mylo to help him smell like her. You could also brush Amber and use the brush on Mylo afterward.