Losing whiskers?

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone from windy, rainy Seattle. Been off the board for awhile -just making up work missed while Freddie was so sick w/Leukemia. He is experiencing some slight remission and is walking through the house, eating, drinking water, and gently playing w/his eyes...sometimes sticks out a paw, very gently, once in a great while. Older brother Sasha has been grooming him and watching over him, just fascinating. Tiny, ever so tiny, encouraging signs that maybe his little 7 month old body is reading the "code" of the virus and learning how to keep it at bay! SO MY QUESTION: Freddie's fever, at the highest point, was 106. He lost all his whiskers on his nose, but retained those on his brows. He is a gray tabby. Has anyone experienced whisker loss - and do they grow back? The vet said if they grow back that is a very good sign as his body is multiplying some sort of healthy cells.... any feedback?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would go along with your vet. Use the whisker growth as a sort of indicator of his overall health, and yes they do grow back. Good luck with your sweet, sick kitty.

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear that Freddie is doing better. I do hope it continues.