Looking In Her Mouth, Can You Tell How Old She Is?

candicew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know kittens are suppose to lose their teeth between 3 1/2 - 4 months right? But I don't how far along this looks?
I am asking as they really don't have an age on Serephina and one person at the shelter says 3 months, the other 4 months.. the other said maybe 5! So really have no idea..
What do you think?

Oh and if it helps, she weighted an oz off of 4lbs yesterday at the vet.

Thank you!!
1X3A9283e.jpg
1X3A9283ewebc.jpg

Last edited:

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think as long as her baby teeth are gone but only other thing that might help you figure out her age may be her weight. Unless you were there for the kitten's birth, everything is a ball park. You can say for certain that the cat is likely at least 4-5 months old because those do not look like baby fangs. Tommy moved in estimated 2-3 months old and within a month to month 1/2 or so his little needle baby teeth fell out and his big boy teeth came in.
Kitten Teething: What You Need to Know

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candicew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. It's so funny, because our rosemary is suppose to be around almost 20 weeks I think and is a bit bigger, but smaller paws and smaller features.. like her teeth are still SO TINY. When I addoped my brothers, they were around 6 months are were close to 7lbs each and were quite a bit larger. I wonder is she is that old up to 6 months? Rather then being big like we thought, she will be super tiny eh? Her paws still seem quite large to me, but maybe not. I can't wait to watch her grow and see what happens :)

Last edited:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like me like she's meant to be a big cat eventually, esp. if her paws are big. :)
She will have a good 6-18 months now with you to get some good kitten nom-nom calories inside of her tummy!
:hearthrob:

After that she can shift to adult-style food, lol. ;)