Looking for help on finding a fitting name.

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He is absolutely adorable, especially in the last pic. He looks like an Oliver to me, but not knowing him personally, I cannot say for certain. :D It is so hard to choose kitty names! For all my cats, either the name came immediately and was perfect, or it took few weeks till we figured it out. You'll get there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yasha2802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Biggest problem with Oliver is the habit of shorting names from time to time. My BF shortened it to Ollie the sec I said it as one of the selections which makes me think of the boxer Ali which DOES NOT fit IMO. lmao

He's a sweet boy that doesn't seem to get in to much. Gets along with everyone and loves always climbing up/on us. He likes running up my BFs chest and running around his head one shoulder to the other, in front of his face and/or behind it. Like most cats he has the best timing will jump up on us and get in our faces the sec we start eating or playing with one of the other cats. Loves sleeping on our dogs. He's always wet to because of the dogs and Chief bathing him. He leaves Snickers alone because she doesn't want him by her but likes playing with Chief and Loki. He doesn't play as much as most kittens tend to. He also likes rolling a ball around the floor. Loki normally starts being to mean and hurting him till he cries. Chief then comes to save him before I have to. His meow is very wear from him being so sick, I'm not sure if he will get his voice back or not.

That's everything I can think of to describe him.

yasha2802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lmao.

There's a little to pic from;

01. Weezer (I don't think it fits him. Just says he was a sick kitty so thinking this ones out.

02. Pharaoh (Not that I'm saying its bad because its not I just cant see myself calling that out as his name.

03. Toma

04. Hawk

05. Titan

06. Geronimo (I think this one is just a little to long.

07. Thor

08. Joseph

09. Arrow

10. Oliver (most likely not as shorting the name with this one leads to a name that wont work.

11. Aztec

12. Link

13. Zelda

14. Tonto (I really like this name it does fit what we asked for but I'm not so sure it fits this little kitty.

15. Spike (I don't think it works my BF likes it tho.

16. Ein (again my BF really likes this one.

17. Aang (I'm thinking this one may fit him but still unsure.

18. Anakin (He's not a little Dark Vader tho that name may have worked well for Loki. lmao

19. Charly (I think of Charlie's Angels with this one and of the females not the male so wouldn't really work for me.

20. Harvey (Iron Blazing that fits his Gray but also makes me think of Suits and Harvey and Sheila from Allan Sherman

21. Chauncy

22. Chuck (for the tv show)

23. Bermuda

So that leaves us with;

01) 03. Toma (like this cuz its different

02) 04. Hawk

03) 05. Titan

04) 07. Thor

05) 08. Joseph

06) 09. Arrow

07) 11. Aztec

08) 12. Link

09) 13. Zelda

10) 15. Spike (I don't think it works my BF likes it tho.

11) 16. Ein (again my BF really likes this one.

12) 17. Aang (I'm thinking this one may fit him but still unsure.

13) 21. Chauncy

14) 22. Chuck (for the tv show)

15) 23. Bermuda

Last edited:

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

18. Anakin (He's not a little Dark Vader tho that name may have worked well for Loki. lmao
Hahahahahaha! Nooooo, I didn't mean he is a little Darth Vader! I just like the name Anakin had at the time he was a Jedi! 
 Jedi is good! How about Jedi??

I almost named Grizzly "Sith" when he was a baby.. He had "dark powers" on camuflaging himself and pouncing when least expected 
 But we went for "Grizzly", due to his appearance.

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zelda reminds me of an overweight Austrian housekeeper who also took care of young princess Marion, in the movie "Men in Tights" by Mel Brooks 

yasha2802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't really think Jedi would work for him. We also have a friend we call Jed. lol

I'm still not sure what we will go with but I was calling him Beardo this morning as he was laying on my BF trying to clean his beard till it fell off. He was honestly licking his beard for a good 10 mins. I fond it very funny and called him beardo the wierdo. We then just started to joke about different names we would never really use.

We both think there's alot of good ones on the list but just not sure which fits.

Last edited:

picklespepper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe he is simply a kitty that needs a new name every day to suit the mood.  Like a kaleidoscope.  ha ha

yasha2802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lmao yea one of the things I said to name him was no-name. I think the name came to mind from no-face in spirited away. I'm just not sure why but tho a lot of them seem like good names we look at him and its like eh. My BF says it's like he just doesn't care about being named.

(added pics to last post.)

victoriak68

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Heard the name Indi/Indie on the show Under The Dome thought it was cool.

yasha2802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all again for the name suggestions. Non of them seem to be sticking so far.

Today its the little wet kitty lmao. He fell in the my bucket of water as i was cleaning the floor. Only his back half was wet and he was running like he was trying to get away from the wet. Was kind of funny the poor little guy.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
For what it's worth I think Ein is a cute name.
:)

yasha2802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys.

Demon Kittys

So far he isn't responding to any of the names he doesn't even look at me like I'm crazy for saying a list of words for him lmao. I'm starting to think I may as well just pick something and see if he learns it. BF likes Ein the best and I like Aang better.

As I was posting I randomly came up with Apache and it is looking most likely.

Last edited:

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hehehehe

Just call out random names... You think * I* picked out "Robin"?