Looking For Experience With Elimination Diets

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

backyardzoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Small update, still giving her the option of the RC SD canned and kibble along with the Nature's Variety LID Rabbit kibble(need to order in rabbit only canned food apparently as no one in town keeps it, one store is looking to see what they can get in for me) After being given the option of the raw rabbit for a few days with her normal canned food she has started eating the raw bits I was offering, the kitten has as well but he is garbage can so not too surprised there that he started. I'm sure the only one who is disappointed that they are willing to try the raw is the dog as he likes leftovers of any type lol.

We have had a couple puke episodes(1 I'm pretty sure was a hairball, 2nd seemed to be 99% water and 3rd was water only. I heard her doing the hairball noise with nothing coming up last night or overnight so thinking it might just be an irritated stomach with a hairball.

I'm not sure what my plan is if the protein change works, I want to phase kibble out and either do canned or raw(and then I will need to find a cat aimed raw mix not the dog one I did find). However I also thinking that with her needing seeming to need to eat small amounts all the time that I will have to keep kibble available as a snack for when we working etc.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats don't need to eat at even intervals. She'll be fine if there's no food left out during the day.

Unless she's an acid puker, one who can't go too long between meals or they puke stomach acid, or she's having trouble meeting calories without daytime meals, it's good to let her have the daytime to sleep and get hungry for the evening meals. Hungry cats eat more readily too.

backyardzoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know if she is, but she could be an acid puker as she has thrown up when having eaten nothing for a half day or just had water after getting up from her hours of sleeping. She also is the cat that will puke if she eats just a touch too much... On top of that, I'm pretty sure she also has separation anxiety, for a while when I was having to travel last year I would be guaranteed puke if she saw the suitcase out :(. As my husband puts it she pukes if the wind blows the wrong way.

The vet thought initially she just had an overly sensitive stomach when I first started this journey of too many vet trips. I just wish it was an easy thing to diagnose but so many things can cause puking in cats, but with her itching allergies is the best bet according to the vet and what I read.

backyardzoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Small update. She is still not too keen on the frozen raw diet kinda eats it but not her first choice. I'm lucky the kitten and dog really like it so least not going to waste. I bought some Primal freeze dried rabbit nuggets and she seems to like that over the frozen. Hoping this works for her, still looking at canned foods I can get as that's more options that she will eat are always good.

slide95

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am not certain what you are asking. My daughter was sick for several years and the doctors could not seem to figure out what was wrong. It wasn't until one doctor ordered some blood work that we had something to go on. The non-normal number led me to do a little research on the computer and I kept coming back to gluten. People were saying you need to remove an ingredient for two weeks in some cases (we had tried removing gluten, but only for a few days previously). We decided to try it, reading on many websites and finding books from the library. We educated ourselves so that we knew where gluten might hide. You have to know what other ingredients might cause problems. So if you need to remove lactose and eggs, don't eat them and don't eat anything that is made with them.