Looking For A Mate For Bootsy

LittleShadow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm fully backing the "Romance for cats happens only after breeding is no longer a thing" opinion. I used to be a feral colony caretaker, and one thing I repeatedly saw was that unfixed cats DIDN'T do romance, they often weren't terribly social, and they competed for everything. Once fixed, they settled down, became much happier, and often formed pairs/trios of fixed cats that socialized and interacted in absolutely adorable and very companionable ways.

Molly, Midnight, and Fred (two fixed girls and a fixed tom) could often be found in a fur pile, like a three part yin-yang circle of cat, basking together in the sun or snuggled up in winter. They'd groom each other, play, it was adorable. But that only happened after they were all fixed.

Speaking of Molly...after she was fixed, she and Simon, my indoor only fixed boy, had an ADORABLE little romance going. They'd sit on opposite sides of screens and slow blink at each other, and were generally ridiculously cute. (Simon couldn't be allowed out, his fur matted like CRAZY and he tended to disappear for weeks if he escaped. Molly couldn't be inside, she pined if kept from Midnight and Fred, and both Midnight and Fred sprayed and couldn't come in.) Simon and Molly even cooperatively hunted once! Simon distracted a bluejay, which let Molly sneak up and pounce it. She even brought it to the back door to try to share it, but I compromised and gave Simon a plate of chicken instead.

Of all the cats I saw, most only formed friendly bonds after being fixed, and they all seemed much happier after. Very rarely, I'd see females form friendships, and once a trio of queens who might have been littermates themselves all littered at the same time cooperatively raised their dozen kittens as a team, but even they seemed closer after I got them and their kittens fixed.

If you want to raise kittens, please do! Look into local groups, and find one that takes in kittens and need foster homes to socialize them. There are a ton of kittens out there that will die of natural causes like predation or starvation, and many who will be put to sleep for lack of homes. If you connect with a local group and take on and socialize kittens, they have a much higher chance of finding a good and loving home. There's no need to breed more, when there are so many that will happen anyways and need good homes.

Check the resources that others have provided, as there is a chance your Bootsy won't take to having other cats/kittens in your home, but she might find she likes the company. Good luck in finding the best way to care for your girl. We're all happy to help you learn how to be the best pet parent possible. :)

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, but please, not another kitten on this planet. :(

Just adopt one or two from shelters.