Look What Showed Up This Afternoon

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my god - - - GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! And from the looks of it, not exactly feral! (well - you used the word "sweet" - so that was my first clue :p ). Looks like a silver classic tabby?!!? I can't believe someone's not missing her....she looks like she's in perfect condition with a well-cared-for coat! I'm with DreamerRose DreamerRose ---checking for a chip should be a first priority if possible. She's just GOT to be "someone's" - doesn't everybody think?

Keep us posted - - want to hear how this one turns out!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my god - - - GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! And from the looks of it, not exactly feral! (well - you used the word "sweet" - so that was my first clue :p ). Looks like a silver classic tabby?!!? I can't believe someone's not missing her....she looks like she's in perfect condition with a well-cared-for coat! I'm with DreamerRose DreamerRose ---checking for a chip should be a first priority if possible. She's just GOT to be "someone's" - doesn't everybody think?

Keep us posted - - want to hear how this one turns out!!!!!!
She is very pretty and very sweet. Adorable actually. She looks to be in good condition too. I asked the postman if he had seen her or any litters around. I'm going to go talk to some neighbors for starters. If she's still around in the morning I'll take her to the vet and check for a chip.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my! She is a beauty! The situation reminds me of my last find. Super sweet but no chip. No neighbors claimed her either. I called every vet anywhere near here and the local shelters ,as well as texting photos of her. I hope that kitty finds her family! Sometimes I have reunited kitties with their owners and it’s always been someone who has been looking everywhere for them. Those reunions are the best! I am also hoping for a chip!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
She’s stunning! Those markings, that face! I love the black bands across her legs. I hope she finds her home. :crossfingers:

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At our cat shelter we literally get maybe 1 or 2 silver tabbies in an entire year, and if they're not claimed by owner, they're adopted in no time. I'm thinking she slipped out of her home for a night on the town, since she's such a gorgeous young girl. Probably has really strict parents. :D Think hubby would notice if you just shipped her over to me? Our decor is alot of light and dark greys - - -I'm thinking he might not notice her for weeks - - whaddya think?

Keep us posted - -- I've gotta hear where a beauty like her ends up - - and where she came from !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks adorable and comfortable as well. Does she get along with Osker ?
Osker hissed at her when he first saw her but he’s been cool since then. Mama Kitty is unhappy about the guest. Mama hisses, swats, and growls. Mostly they all seem to give her a break though because she’s just a kitten. She seems to respect them as well.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a beauty. Can you keep her, if you can't find an owner?

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I reckon she’s local so I will probably cover the neighborhood with flyers. No photo, I want any claim to describe her.
I took her to my vet this morning to scan for a chip. She didn't have one, but the receptionist there fell in love and adopted her on the spot.
No chip doesn't necessarily mean no owners. She could have escaped her house (as others have mentioned), and also ditched her collar, if she had one on. She could still have a family or human worried and very much looking for her.

Aren't you still going to try to alert your neighborhood with fliers? I think some efforts should be made to at least try to find a worried owner, by both you and the vet or vet's receptionist, and not assume she belongs to no one. You only found her last night, right?

Last edited: