Little Lucy 3 Weeks Old.

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today at work i experieced severe anxiety. I literally felt as though i needed to run away. Run home. I couldnt place why. Once home I found my beloved bottle baby who has been battleing some infection passed away. So small compared to her brothers. Her brother Ricky was in her shoes just the day before he battled the tough patch and was recovering today little Lucy's body just couldnt take it anymore. I cried so hard i vomited. We be rescued 20+ cats and she was my first death. So young. The vet had expected her brother to go being the runt. My boyfriend took her from me and placed her in tissue and then to a box. Even now as i think of her i tear up. The hardest part was telling sandy who was to adopt her. We met at my college the kittens often traveled with me to my art class that runs 4 hours. That way i didnt have to skip a meal for them.
I miss you Lucy goosie. You were my biggest baby my best eatter and my first bottle baby girl. I will never forget you 20180427_125039.jpg 20180427_124921.jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry. I hope you can take comfort knowing you meant so much in that sweet little girl's life, you did all you could, sometimes it is still not enough. Sometimes even with the best of vet care, the best of everything, it just doesn't help. Even knowing that, it still hurts so bad it consumes your very being.
Try not to let it discourage you from helping others. There is such a need for compassionate, loving people like you, to protect and nurture the weak and helpless, to be comforting to those who do not make it. To make sure those precious little angels know love and comfort on this earth and have someone who will remember and love them after they are gone.
You will always have a place for her in your heart, you will always have a bond with her. You will always mourn the loss, and in that way you will honor that tiny little girl,you will carry on and save the lives of countless others in her name.
She didn't have a chance at all without you. And even though she lost her battle, her tiny soul will encourage you to fight for others just like her. She is at peace now, she would never want you to be so sad because of her.
My heart goes out to you, I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Take care, and battle on, those remaining babies need you so much......RIP precious Lucy. You will be forever missed and have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
It hurts so bad. But these tiny babies are the reason once i finish my art degree i have one more semester I'm going to take my general education and transfer to U.C Davis for veterinary med.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Everything happens for a reason.

It is not for everybody to experience compassion. And as far as I know many vets do have a preferred pet, although they are literally thousand around.

Your little furry friend had a mission on Earth. She accomplished the mission and came back on her home-cloud to be sent to another great person like you.

With love we all carry on. Take care and follow your dreams. Many cats need you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Little Lucy, dream you deep. Your short life was filled with love and caring, and your passing is mourned by more than you can ever know. You were, are, and will be, forever loved.

Tabbytastic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today at work i experieced severe anxiety. I literally felt as though i needed to run away. Run home. I couldnt place why. Once home I found my beloved bottle baby who has been battleing some infection passed away. So small compared to her brothers. Her brother Ricky was in her shoes just the day before he battled the tough patch and was recovering today little Lucy's body just couldnt take it anymore. I cried so hard i vomited. We be rescued 20+ cats and she was my first death. So young. The vet had expected her brother to go being the runt. My boyfriend took her from me and placed her in tissue and then to a box. Even now as i think of her i tear up. The hardest part was telling sandy who was to adopt her. We met at my college the kittens often traveled with me to my art class that runs 4 hours. That way i didnt have to skip a meal for them.
I miss you Lucy goosie. You were my biggest baby my best eatter and my first bottle baby girl. I will never forget you View attachment 230667 View attachment 230668
So sorry to hear this news. You are in my thoughts xxxxx

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today was super awkward in my art class. I always brought them in so i could feed them. Two of my classmates knew and Bailey said she had a dream last night that she and the two black kittens were in a river and one drown. That shook me to the core that she felt it too. Everyone was like oh is this a new litter. No im just missing my girl :( explaining what happened was the hardest part. I try not to cry infront of strangers. My professor joanna was very understanding and sat down and listened.

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
I want to be the saving light for these kittens i want to create low cost medication and treatments for neonatal kittens. Thst way no one has to die so young.
Artemis knows im not right, right now he follows me around everywhere and if i look at him he does it little meeeeehhhh like "hey itll be okay" he's my rock <3 everyone in the house has been raised from a kitten sept for momma kitty. 1 out of 20 all together is pretty good odds we have to be doing something right to only lose one.
Little goose (that was her nickname) you are my insperation to save as many as possible i love you girly.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry you lost that sweet little one, but she is an Angel in Heaven now, perhaps a companion for a young child who also has passed and is just fine now, just fine, it is you who is hurting which is understandable.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven :rbheart:

God Bless you for having such a huge heart and caring so much for these helpless little ones......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last night my two remaining boys who appeared totally fine. No more diarrhea ext passed away.
Ive now lost the whole litter. I feel guilt and sadness and can't seem to express it other than tears

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, my darling, please let go of that guilt. While only a necropsy can tell exactly why these kittens passed, and I don't really suggest it, I am now virtually certain that whatever happened happened either before or immediately after they were born. YOU came in, gave them love, comfort, and support. Without you, they would have died cold, lonely, lingering and miserable deaths. WITH you, they knew LOVE. It was all they remember...Love. Sometimes we are the saving grace for these kittens who enter our lives, but sometimes, sometimes all we can be is the gentle angel who helps them pass across the Bridge and into Perfect Health and Joy. Be at peace, Sweet Angel. You did more than well.

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
My boyfriends scared it was panluk because if how quick it hit idk where they would have gotten it. I bleached the bathroom (their safe space cause it had a heater) and the carrier i kept them im in just in case.
I vaccinate all our rescues so i vaccinated princess last night ik shes about 6 weeks ish give or take a day or two.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ten years ago a vet called me on the phone and asked me if I wanted to be the "foster mom" to a 3-day kitten who was found on the street the night before.
I rushed there and brought this tiny black furball home.

I had to bottle feed him every two hours during the day and three hours during the night. I skipped my lunches to go home from work and give him his milk.
He was getting stronger everyday and I was waiting for the day he would have opened his eyes and had a look the world around him...
It wasn't meant to be. One evening he went donwhill quickly and even the ER vet could not do anything to save him.
The vet said that it wasn't my fault, he was too young to be without her mother.

I do understand your pain for not being able to make Lucy grow up, but you did what you could and we cannot substitute a Mom Cat no matter how hard we try. Lucy knows you did all was in your power to give her a bright and happy future.
Please, do not blame yourself, be pride of what you have done for her and what you did and will do for other kittens in your life.

You already have a well deserved place in the Kitties' Heaven!

RIP Lucy!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Ten years ago a vet called me on the phone and asked me if I wanted to be the "foster mom" to a 3-day kitten who was found on the street the night before.
I rushed there and brought this tiny black furball home.

I had to bottle feed him every two hours during the day and three hours during the night. I skipped my lunches to go home from work and give him his milk.
He was getting stronger everyday and I was waiting for the day he would have opened his eyes and had a look the world around him...
It wasn't meant to be. One evening he went donwhill quickly and even the ER vet could not do anything to save him.
The vet said that it wasn't my fault, he was too young to be without her mother.

I do understand your pain for not being able to make Lucy grow up, but you did what you could and we cannot substitute a Mom Cat no matter how hard we try. Lucy knows you did all was in your power to give her a bright and happy future.
Please, do not blame yourself, be pride of what you have done for her and what you did and will do for other kittens in your life.

You already have a well deserved place in the Kitties' Heaven!

RIP Lucy!
:alright::grouphug::hearthrob::rbheart::redheartpump::grouphug2: