Litter

desii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
which type of litter did you find to be the best? i am looking for something that will control smell and not leave a trail

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have tried several and found kiln dried pine pellets works best for me. There is no smell, no dusk and only the occasional pellets carried outside the box.

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I loved using pine pellets too But when my boys got grown I could not find a large enough sifting box If I ever do I may go back to pine After A Lot of trial and error I am now using Tidy Cat Naturally Strong It has little bits of charcoal in it and i have no problem with odor It comes in unscented and lemongrass Not dusty at all

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm animal-poor, so can tell you what works that's cheap!:D
I use Special Kitty from Wal-Mart. It's their brand and works fine for all of mine. WHEN they cover it up of course.
However, it may say dust-free, but like most aren't all that much. I have 2 cats that need absolute dust free and for them I
get Cat's Pride Triple Odor Guard. That's $1 more for 5lbs less, but still relatively cheaper than others. My cats won't go for
all those pellets or chips, just want litter. So that's what I use for them. Both are great with odor.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I loved using pine pellets too But when my boys got grown I could not find a large enough sifting box If I ever do I may go back to pine After A Lot of trial and error I am now using Tidy Cat Naturally Strong It has little bits of charcoal in it and i have no problem with odor It comes in unscented and lemongrass Not dusty at all
Have you tried sifting liners? I'm "test running" litterbox sifting liners to see if it's something I want to use (I use regular liners anyway). The ones I have seem to have holes that are about as big as dime (maybe a little smaller). You put the stack of liners and a solid sheet in the litter box, fill with litter, then secure the loose edges around the box with a giant rubber band.

I keep my litter deep so Delilah hasn't torn it. The sifters work, but I'm not sure if it's something I want to deal with (1 cat) because if I scoop daily most of it is caught anyways. I use the sifting liner once a week.