Litter Drama!

12catcrazy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here are a couple of suggestions: I switched to a Breeze litter box, and if your cat will use it, it's a great option. No litter dust or tracking everywhere and when the cat pees, the urine gets collected in a pad contained in a drawer which really cuts down on the urine odor. The only thing the Breeze isn't great for is if your cat has loose stools - then it's not the best option. Another idea which I've been using for about a month is a Breeze box with the drawer removed and the Breeze box is then set on top of a regular litter box. You can use a puppy pee pad in the bottom box if you like. Anyway, instead of using the ceramic Breeze pellets, you use Feline Pine pellets and then when the pellets break down from being peed on, you use the scoop to stir the sawdust through the holes in the Breeze box where it falls inside the bottom litter box. There are a number of videos on Youtube showing how people do this. It's cheaper to use than the Breeze box with Breeze pellets and pads and it really cuts down on the urine odor and sawdust tracking better than just putting the Feline Pine in a regular litter box. You can actually buy a litter box made for Feline Pine, but the Breeze box hack works well and you can buy all you need at Chewy.com.

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nixiiie Nixiiie I would also try NonScents cat litter deodorizer. It's more natural compared to the Arm & Hammer. I use both -- Arm & Hammer at the very bottom (and lightly cause it is extremely fragrant) and then a light layer of NonScents at the top.

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We also use World's Best in combination with the Arm and Hammer deodorizer, and find the combination works well enough for us. It can help to switch out the entire box of litter periodically. I'm not sure, though, how our cats rate on the 'stinky' scale.

But if you like the convenience of the flushable litter, it might be worth trying a deodorizer of some sort before switching.

I do NOT recommend buying the World's Best deodorized litter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nixiiie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your advice!! Much appreciated :)