Litter Box

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

djg618

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did try to mix it with a spoonful of wet canned cat food, but she smell the meds and walked away. I use the same food for the Myralax and she gobbles it down like I don't ever feed her.

djg618

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
P.S. I didn't leave some poop in each box and I'm going to pick up some of Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Crystals to hopefully coax her back to her box. Don't know how it works. Also I'm putting a third box downstairs next to her basement bed (storms, etc) since she's used the bed twice (poop).

djg618

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hmm, my reply didn't get posted. I did leave some droppings in each box and I'm getting some scent attracting crystals.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Can that liquid med be made into a transdermal application?

The vet said the constipation could have started the ball rolling on the problem or some other type of stress (cat - stress? kind of an oxymoron).
Maybe something here will help;

These below are calming products and music sources;

There's Spotify--they have a collection of harp music called Cat In My Arms, there's Youtube and Alexa cat music, and there's also RelaxMyCat and MusicForCats.

Only Natural Pet has a calming product called Just Relax Calming spray with essential oil (catnip oil).

There's this one, be sure and scroll all the way down the page;
www.bachflower.com

Also, there is ThunderWunders calming chews, Richard's Organic Pet Calm drops, Naturevet Hemp, HomeoPet Anxiety Relief, Head to Tail Calming, Relaxivet Quiet Moments Cat treats, GNC Calming formula, and there is Calm-o-mile, Natures Miracle calming spray, Vetri-Science's Composure is another item to look at, Pet Remedy - UK (it has valerian) is yet another, as is Essential Pet Pet-eze, Pet Organics No Stress, Only Natural Pet (brand and website) has other calming products, Pet Naturals also has one I believe, and there are others.

Lambert Vet Supply is a website to look at, and of course chewy, also there's Petwishpros, animaleo, 1-800-petmeds, Petco and PetSmart, and other pet stores.

There is also a product called a lickimat which could be helpful, as cats can be calmed by the process of licking.
foodpuzzlesforcats.com

This post talks about some other products;
Calming Treats For A Very Picky Cat

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you eat canned tuna? If so give the oil or water from it a try. I use some of that to mask liquid meds for the cats to eat. You could try that with a broth if you cook a meal that has some broth or soup.

You can try wrapping them in a blanket (burrito style as suggested earlier) or if you can hold her in your lap while petting her, locate her neck pinch spot that makes her go limp. If you can find that spot, when pinched or gripped, that makes them go limp, you might be able to give her the meds them. Not sure how effective or if there would be trust issues with that method used but it is an option.

Just a suggestion or two.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I did try to mix it with a spoonful of wet canned cat food, but she smell the meds and walked away. I use the same food for the Myralax and she gobbles it down like I don't ever feed her.
It's hard to fool them, that's for sure. My Ruby girl HATES being restrained in any way at all, so pilling or syringing meds into her is impossible. I tried mixing chicken flavoured liquid medicine into her wet food once, and it was detected and rejected outright. So I understand what you're dealing with. 🤗

djg618

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For calming, I'll just put Scotch in her water. Oh wait, that's for me! Medicinal purposes-pain relief from cat scratches. I just find it hard for a cat to be stressed out. She's acting now as she always has.

djg618

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It works! I burritoed her and the ordeal was over in less than 5 seconds. I was beginning to think I was a source of additional stress. she's regular stool wise. I cut the Myralax back to once a day a couple of days ago and discontinued it today because the stool is becoming too wet, if you know what I mean.

djg618

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my Gosh! I bought some litter attractant and used it yesterday. It took a day, but she's using her box. I watched her sniff the box, climb in and drop a load. Hope it's not a freak occurrence.

djg618

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeh I know it sad getting excited about a cat doing what's natural, but I was getting tired of picking up around the house.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's one of those situations where when things are not ok, they're really quite frustrating.