Lilies And Cats

Patomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We got a scare with our cat a few days ago when she got in contact with Lilies. She occasionally goes out and I think somehow she found the Lilies and played with them. We were unaware until we noticed she had yellow marks on her chest and head. The problem is, she could have been like that for hours before we noticed. We took her to the vet right away and she checked it out and ordered blood work. The vet said everything looked fine and since she was behaving as per normal; eating, playing, pooing and peeing regularly, she sent us home. I asked how long poisoning would manifest itself and according to them in the case if Lilies, it is really quickly. We are still keeping an eye on her but for the most part she’s ok. I think it’ll be a while before she goes out again. I wonder if she didn’t eat any part of the plan and just got some of the polen on her, whether that would still cause harm. In any case, I think we got lucky and her angel was protecting her somehow. Just wanted to share as I feel so stressed out, I don’t know how to let it out any other way but by sharing our story.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
We've been there too. Gohan got himself into some lilies from a bouquet. We called the vet and they said something similar - if it happened it would be quick. He never had any adverse side affects other than his ridiculous snoot.