Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Interesting. I live in a place that doesn't have a big rabies problem, so I've never heard anything like that.
They didn't used to be so anal about the testing (it's always been a county ordinance, but it didn't used to be enforced) until we got a new county manager. Not sure why he's so dead set (pardon the pun) on the county collecting roadkill, but I assume it has something to do with rabies. Like I said, I could be wrong. It could have something to do with something else entirely; it's not like they ever said  they had to check for rabies, they just said they had to run tests. I just assume rabies, because that's the big word this time of year. 

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

Well, got some surprising news today. 

I am switching over to Medicare as of July 1. I decided to pick an Advantage plan to augment it. I have a PPO. 

I listed my PCP on the enrollment form. I have been seeing her for years.

Today, I got a letter from my insurance company stated that my PCP was either: not accepting new patients, or Not a provider, or is wrong. 

I called the doctors office to triple check that my PCP was on their list of approved doctors. I was told that her practice is closed to new patient, AND  she is RETIRING  as of September 1....  

My reaction: I was in a panic!!! They said another doctor in the group is helping to absorb my PCP's practice. 

My mind was going crazy! What am I going to do??

While I do not think of this as out of the ordinary, and the thought has crossed my mind. My PCP and I are about the same ages. I was also one of her first patients.. yes, we have been together that long!!!

I know her and she knows me....I can just e-mail her and explain symptoms. Most of the time she does not have me come in unless it is really necessary. I am good about annual physicals and such. sigh

I mean do I take a chance on a this 'new' doctor--in practice for 6 years or do I look around to find someone else??? and now of all times....

Jeesh!!

I made one last appointment in June with my PCP and scheduled a physical for the end of August with the new doctor....

Kind of in a panic...

now this is my babble for today...head still spinning.
I've had two doctors retire on me, one (a young one) leaving to open his own practice and another who had gotten to know me so well that he stopped listening to me, just made check marks on the record as everything is computerized these days. Check out the new doctor, bring a list with lots of questions to ask  and write down the answers,  remember he/she is your doctor, he/she gets paid because you are there as a patient, he /she is not doing you a favor. It is common for doctors in a group to absorb the patients of another doctor who is leaving as they have access to all your records immediately, they don't have to have them sent over from another facility. If this doctor does not pan out or you just don't feel comfortable then go shopping elsewhere. Also ask your present doctor if he/she would recommend any particular doctor in the group, that's what I did when my doctors retired on me. I found my present doctor at an "Open House" for a new Medical Group attached to a big hospital which has been around for a long time and is state of the art with a great reputation. I told this lady doctor up front that if she did not listen to me I would not be back. So far it has worked out really well.She and I believe to let the body do as much as possible by itself, physical therapy instead of surgery, as few medications as possible to do the job etc. I am on Medicare also together with  insurance from my previous job as part of my small pension to augment Medicare. Hope this helps.

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, got some surprising news today. 
I am switching over to Medicare as of July 1. I decided to pick an Advantage plan to augment it. I have a PPO. 
I listed my PCP on the enrollment form. I have been seeing her for years.

Today, I got a letter from my insurance company stated that my PCP was either: not accepting new patients, or Not a provider, or is wrong. 

I called the doctors office to triple check that my PCP was on their list of approved doctors. I was told that her practice is closed to new patient, AND  she is RETIRING  as of September 1....  

My reaction: I was in a panic!!! They said another doctor in the group is helping to absorb my PCP's practice. 
My mind was going crazy! What am I going to do??

While I do not think of this as out of the ordinary, and the thought has crossed my mind. My PCP and I are about the same ages. I was also one of her first patients.. yes, we have been together that long!!!
I know her and she knows me....I can just e-mail her and explain symptoms. Most of the time she does not have me come in unless it is really necessary. I am good about annual physicals and such. sigh

I mean do I take a chance on a this 'new' doctor--in practice for 6 years or do I look around to find someone else??? and now of all times....

Jeesh!!

I made one last appointment in June with my PCP and scheduled a physical for the end of August with the new doctor....

Kind of in a panic...

now this is my babble for today...head still spinning.
I'm sorry you're going to lose your doctor. Having a doctor you know and trust is a huge asset. My GP retired a couple years ago and I was so bummed. I had been going to him for years and he was sort of a friend of my family's too. When you have your final appointment with your doc you should ask her who she recommends. Chances are that since she probably knows you fairly well she can recommend someone who will be well suited to your needs. Best of luck!

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Today is my yard work day. I have dead trees to cut down, leaves to rake, rocks to rake back into the road, grass to cut, a chicken coop turned playhouse to paint, and lots of branches to chip up.

Lots of ticks up here right now. I've had 2 on me so far. Didn't bite though . I caught them crawling on me before they had a chance. As much as I hate to do it, I'm going to have to use lots of bug spray today. It's going to be mostly cloudy and 75, so it's a perfect day for outdoor projects.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Dental visit for me today, and a half day of work. As far as work is concerned, today is my "Wednesday" which makes tomorrow my "Friday"! Yes, I'm way too excited about that. I'm just thankful I don't have a ton of meetings today like I did yesterday.

All the kids are doing well. Sugar is doing MUCH better. Need to take her in for a recheck and to get her rabies vaccine. It technically expires after 5/27 but her insurance won't kick in until 6/2. Part of me wants to wait until after 6/2, because then it would go against her deductible. The other part of me is thinking to pack her up and take her to Vetco beforehand because they have way less expensive vaccines.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
donutte donutte Happy Wednesday! Hope your dental visit goes smooth. I just went last Tuesday for a cleaning. I don't mind cleanings, but I sure hate fillings. I can't stand the numbness.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

I've had two doctors retire on me, one (a young one) leaving to open his own practice and another who had gotten to know me so well that he stopped listening to me, just made check marks on the record as everything is computerized these days. Check out the new doctor, bring a list with lots of questions to ask  and write down the answers,  remember he/she is your doctor, he/she gets paid because you are there as a patient, he /she is not doing you a favor. It is common for doctors in a group to absorb the patients of another doctor who is leaving as they have access to all your records immediately, they don't have to have them sent over from another facility. If this doctor does not pan out or you just don't feel comfortable then go shopping elsewhere. Also ask your present doctor if he/she would recommend any particular doctor in the group, that's what I did when my doctors retired on me. I found my present doctor at an "Open House" for a new Medical Group attached to a big hospital which has been around for a long time and is state of the art with a great reputation. I told this lady doctor up front that if she did not listen to me I would not be back. So far it has worked out really well.She and I believe to let the body do as much as possible by itself, physical therapy instead of surgery, as few medications as possible to do the job etc. I am on Medicare also together with  insurance from my previous job as part of my small pension to augment Medicare. Hope this helps.
I'm sorry you're going to lose your doctor. Having a doctor you know and trust is a huge asset. My GP retired a couple years ago and I was so bummed. I had been going to him for years and he was sort of a friend of my family's too. When you have your final appointment with your doc you should ask her who she recommends. Chances are that since she probably knows you fairly well she can recommend someone who will be well suited to your needs. Best of luck!
Thanks for the support and advice....

I do plan to ask my doctor for a referral. I really do love the relationship my doc and I have had. it is professional, yet she knows that I do not contact her, unless I am really concerned about something. 

Last edited by a moderator:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm tired this morning. Working at work then working on installing floor is really difficult. I really want the living room back though. So must finish the floor and then get to painting the room. 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am dragging along this morning. Yesterday we went to visit the son and his family. They didn't get to come home for Mother's Day, so it was nice to see them. My little 3 year old grandson, pouted up when I asked for hugs because I had to leave. He said he wanted us to stay forever. We shopped a bit along the way and I found myself a pair of white dressy sandals for the summer. Nice day. :nod:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another busy day for me.....as much as I try to get caught up I seem to get even farther behind....I need a couple more of me. Anyone know someone who can clone me????

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Now poor Honey (our other dog) is throwing up foamy vomit. Poor girl! I can hear her stomach making zingers too. Sounds like she's got some horrible indigestion going on. Sugar's due to go back to the vet soon, I hope Honey doesn't need to go too :( I need to rob a bank if so :( (my 401k bank that is)

Last edited:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@Donutte  I'm so sorry your babies are sick. I hope they will be better soon. I will keep my fingers crossed for them and you too. 

And a few good vibes your way

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I feel like we can't catch a break with these guys sometimes. One gets better, another one gets something else. Sigh. I gave her some Pepcid (yeah yeah, I know) to see if it would help. If she doesn't get better and stay better in the very near future (like, today) it's off to the vet.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
donutte donutte

Did your dog possibly eat something outside that could have upset his tummy?

Try a probiotic to see if that will settle things down. I hope he gets better and you can avoid a vet bill.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you. I feel like we can't catch a break with these guys sometimes. One gets better, another one gets something else. Sigh. I gave her some Pepcid (yeah yeah, I know) to see if it would help. If she doesn't get better and stay better in the very near future (like, today) it's off to the vet.
When this happens to my dog, I fix her some plain white rice with a couple of soft boiled eggs mixed in. She loves it and it settles her stomach every time. 

I hope the poor sweetie feels better soon 

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the Birthday Wishes everyone :) I really appreciate it!

I hope your doggy feels better @Donutte! Many hugs!

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, mom's gonna make her some rice and burger later on. That's been our "go-to" with dogs with upset tummies for ages. She definitely didn't eat anything outside. She seems to be doing a little bit better though, doesn't sound like popcorn is being made in her tummy anymore.

And we found another bee inside the screen door. I had to talk to Oscar in that "I'm your mom and don't talk back!" voice so I could shut the inside door.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds like everyone has a busy day today. I'm taking a break now. It was supposed to 75 and cloudy, ha! It's already 79 and the sun is baking me. Not a cloud insight. Now they are calling for 83 degrees and sunny.

We have a red flag warning, also. It's so dry, our humidity is only 20% and we're going to have gusts of wind up to 22 mph. I hate these times of the year. It's so scary.

Well, off to phase 2. I finished my raking, mowing, cleaning and tree cutting at the entrance to our driveway, now it's time for the yard. Talk to you all on the next break!

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've always used rice and chicken for my cats when they didn't feel good. I also use it when I need to put some weight on them. My sister rescues animals in SC and that is her go to for sick or underweight babies.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've always used rice and chicken for my cats when they didn't feel good. I also use it when I need to put some weight on them. My sister rescues animals in SC and that is her go to for sick or underweight babies.
that's interesting. I've never been told that before. How do prepare it? Also, do you mash it together?

Status
Not open for further replies.