Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
catladyvettech catladyvettech

65 spayed and neutered cats sounds like a good day to me! It's wonderful that you volunteered to help today.

Do you do this on a regular basis? How many cats can they actually fix in a day?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Yeah, but it's a dry heat...Someone had to say it. I grew up in the Midwest with humidity. I'll take the desert over that any time.
It really does make a huge difference.  Here in NC, 80 degrees just flattens me, I can't go outside and walk 25 feet.  When I went to Las Vegas for Drew's wedding a few years ago, I bopped all over the place, and it was over 100 degrees!  I was amazed.  I knew it was hot, but it didn't wring me out and hang me to dry.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed the difference the most when we moved from Atlanta to Chicago in June of the year. It was summertime in Atlanta, and we had sheer clothing and stayed out of the heat. When we got to Chicago, it seemed cool, and we shivered all summer. In Atlanta, no one would have thought of wearing a knit tee shirt because it clung to you like sweat. In Chicago, the sweat actually evaporated. I had never experienced perspiration evaporating before.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hearing that there's a place like that really makes me happy. That's so awesome. Good for you for doing that too. I did my good deed for the week today - volunteered at the SPCA's feral cat spay and neuter clinic. Sort of a low turnout today, only 65 cats. But hey, that's still a lot of unwanted kittens we prevented!
That's a lot of unwanted kittens prevented. I feel like that is a success for sure. 

I had to debate with someone today about pediatric spays (not on this site on Facebook). They were saying that spaying these babies was cruel. *sigh* It really does prevent a greater cruelty by owners who end up with these animals and let them get pregnant or go out and get others pregnant, then having kittens who suffer or can't find homes.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry I haven't posted until now today. We packed up camp and it's always so much work. Lots of laundry and cleaning to do. I'm totally exhausted but strangely relaxed! We had lots of fun as one of our sons and his family surprised us and camped right next to us. We ate too much but it was soooo good.

Kitties are happy for us to be home and I missed them tremendously.
Hope you all had a great weekend as well.

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
catladyvettech catladyvettech

65 spayed and neutered cats sounds like a good day to me! It's wonderful that you volunteered to help today.

Do you do this on a regular basis? How many cats can they actually fix in a day?
This was only my third time going but I've signed up for two Sundays a month. They have it every Sunday. Their busiest day ever was 200 cats! Isn't that awesome? :)

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It tastes better than it looks, which is amazing since I forgot to turn on the oven. (No wonder it wasn't cooking!) I also tried a video I found on Youtube (sort of). View media item 349934
View media item 349935
View media item 349936
The minion is made of lemon starburst, blue raspberry airheads, smarties, tootsie roll, and black licorice. (I don't like fondant, and I don't use it.) The ice cream was supposed to be snow, but it doesn't look quite right. Well, it's not what I had in mind when I made it, but AWM's happy. And yes, those should look like eyes. 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're working on flooring our living room today. Putting floor boards in. Of  course the cats are helping. Carrot is currently sleeping with his nose on the hammer.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We're working on flooring our living room today. Putting floor boards in. Of  course the cats are helping. Carrot is currently sleeping with his nose on the hammer.
It's wonderful Carrot is keeping an eye on the hammer for you.  I am always misplacing things in the middle of a project.  Perhaps a picture of this helpful cat should be placed in the 'cat's helping out' thread.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What? No picture of Carrot helping you work? (It's okay, I have trouble getting pictures myself.) I think it's been far too long since we on the babble thread saw the ever charismatic Carrot and lovely Angua. (I know they're in your avatar picture, but that's really small!) Can I request some new pics posted?

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I sleep with three layers at night as a rule - a sheet, my Lucky photo blanket, and then a comforter on top of that. Well, last night, it was quite warm still when I went to bed, so the top two layers came off and I just had the sheet. Woke up in the middle of the night freezing, and went to grab my blanket, only to find not one, but two cats right on top of where it was folded. I whimpered and then just huddled as much as I could under the thin sheet.

I woke up a few more times in the middle of the night and the same thing happened. Then when my alarm went off this morning, I hit snooze, and as I did that realized there was a warm presence on me. Penelopy was on my legs! I just laid there and enjoyed the warmth from her until my snooze alarm went off - and then she started biting me! I know it was because she wanted me to get up and feed them, but I decided "screw this" and picked her up and put her on the side, then grabbed the covers and huddled under them for another ten minutes.

Anyway, it was a fun weekend. Saw a friend's band play, and also saw his students' band play (he owns music school). Those kids were fantastic, and even had written one of their own songs! It was a bit repetitive, but who cares, it was still fun and had a nice beat. That was Saturday. Yesterday went out for brunch with my mom, brother and sister-in-law. Then after going grocery shopping, just relaxed, until I realized today was Monday. Ugh.

I'm in a near panic over the amount of work I have and the lack of time to do it. I got put on a project and no one realized what was involved, or how much was NOT yet done on it. I never would have said I had the time if I had been informed. Between that, and my other project's scope blowing up because people can't communicate... yeah, panicking.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Last night Honeybee sat in the window all night watching the moles and mice. I woke up before the alarm with no warm bundle on me. Now that its time of year to open windows she will sleep on me less. She will hop up for a snuggle and make biscuits on her red velvet blanket but after 10 minutes she wants down.

They all wanted to go out this morning before it was light enough. It was warm out at around 50. Watered the strawberries before left for work. More things are starting to pop up. Only wish we got a day or two of rain. Takes forever to water with the hose. Last night spent an hour just trying to water enough but some spots the water didn't soak down deep enough. Will do some more tonight. At least the areas I watered were still damp this morning. Supposed to be warm in the 70s today. We are starting to get into a drought again. That's the downside of not having enough snow. Looks like rain will come to other areas but not my area tomorrow.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did it get to be Monday already? Back to the work week I suppose. My cats have been in a wild mood all morning tackling each other and running full tilt around the house.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
How did it get to be Monday already? Back to the work week I suppose. My cats have been in a wild mood all morning tackling each other and running full tilt around the house.
Someone posted a meme yesterday (with a cat no less) that said "The moment when Sunday stops feeling like a Sunday and the anxiety of Monday kicks in." So apropos. That's 6pm on Sundays for me. I'm SO glad both this and next week are just three-day weeks for me. I work till Wednesday this week and don't go back till Wednesday next week.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's my Birthday today! 

Usually my Bdays can be hard for me (Always seem to have bad luck with them, long story short) but today, so far it seems ok! Yay! Knock on wood!

Happy Birthday! 
  I'm over here wishing you well and a happy birthday, and hoping it was better than AWM's. (She's allergic to onion and we didn't know that there was onion in the lemon pepper. 
 It's everywhere! )

Status
Not open for further replies.