Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we first started planning the wedding, we each made a list of people to invite.  I had 200, DH had 11.   So we limited it to immediate family, friends and some co-workers.  Wound up with 70 people including small children.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're having spaghetti with garlic, cheese biscuits and salad for dinner. What are you having?

Macaroni and cheese.  But your dinner sounds much better.  
just a ham and mustard sandwich here, with a bit of potato salad and possibly some chicken noodle soup.

i'm planning on making fideo (mexican spaghetti) for the first time. has anyone here made that before?

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Macaroni and cheese.  But your dinner sounds much better.  

I love squash, but hate to fry it.   A little bit goes a long way.  I had to laugh when I read your post.  For some reason, it made me think of the first time DH went to Sam's Club, and came home with a bottle of mustard so big it would stand upright in the refrigerator.  

Aw, so adorable.  
 I didn't see Speck when he was first born, as he was adopted, but if they had his age correct at the shelter he was huge  for a kitten.  He looked like a golden retriever in the midst of a gathering of chihuahuas.  
Oh man. At least he didn't come home with a giant jar of Maraschino cherries. I've seen mini fridges smaller than those jars! 

After comparing the size of our kitties with those at the shelter, I believe it. In fact, if he was part whatever our kitties are part (the mother is an American shorthair who had a lot of fun), then he might even have been younger  than the other kittens! 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

When we first started planning the wedding, we each made a list of people to invite.  I had 200, DH had 11.   So we limited it to immediate family, friends and some co-workers.  Wound up with 70 people including small children.
Ours is at 60 people right now. Including no fewer than eight children under the age of 4. It is going to be something that is for sure.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Getting married September 22nd. We have gotten a lot of it planned already. The hardest part for me right now is getting my wedding invitations ready which means registering for gifts and getting everything set up.
My friends in Minneapolis are getting married on September 24th! Will be going to their wedding :)

As for dinner, I made a salad. Had baby spinach, spring mix, chopped celery, a chopped honeycrisp apple, and hard boiled egg. It was SO good!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friends in Minneapolis are getting married on September 24th! Will be going to their wedding

As for dinner, I made a salad. Had baby spinach, spring mix, chopped celery, a chopped honeycrisp apple, and hard boiled egg. It was SO good!
I believe we are going to be having some seasoned chicken for dinner. The chopped honeycrisp apple sounds amazing. I kind of wish we had some of that at our house. I love those apples so much. They're delicious.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(Spot's the orange one furthest right). To this:

And this is the picture that made me realize how big he'd gotten:

He's still my little buddy! 
He's a handsome baby. I especially love the way that his tail is all fluffy and the rest of him is far less fluffy. I love orange cats in general so I am certainly partial to your baby.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

He's a handsome baby. I especially love the way that his tail is all fluffy and the rest of him is far less fluffy. I love orange cats in general so I am certainly partial to your baby.
They're all my babies 
, but Spot's my bud. No, seriously; AWM, IB, and RB thought it would be easy to get the kittens adopted into good homes (as cat-prolific as our area is, I knew that was a pipe dream), and I've been taking care of the kittens since they were born. (And for some reason when they were a few weeks old they loved to crawl into my bed. I lived in terror for a month that I'd roll over and accidentally kill one of the babies.)

catmom123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay I need some help guys and girls please message me a simple word Yes or No I am trying to get my mom to let me keep a kitten if I get alot of yeses I might be able too. HELP!!!!!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

They're all my babies 
, but Spot's my bud. No, seriously; AWM, IB, and RB thought it would be easy to get the kittens adopted into good homes (as cat-prolific as our area is, I knew that was a pipe dream), and I've been taking care of the kittens since they were born. (And for some reason when they were a few weeks old they loved to crawl into my bed. I lived in terror for a month that I'd roll over and accidentally kill one of the babies.)
I love little ones. We had babies that were bottle fed when I was growing up. They were amazingly attached to my mother. Unfortunantly, they both disappeared before they turned a year old. That was when we still let cats go outside. There are too many coyotes around our home to really make that safe.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I love little ones. We had babies that were bottle fed when I was growing up. They were amazingly attached to my mother. Unfortunantly, they both disappeared before they turned a year old. That was when we still let cats go outside. There are too many coyotes around our home to really make that safe.
The nice thing about where I live is that there are so many cats that if a coyote moved in the cats would gang up on and destroy the hapless critter. (I've seen it happen to raccoons.) 

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh it's wedding season! I love hearing ideas that people come up with! Photo booths, Sunday bars, fun dances.

My wedding was very simple. I'd like to renew my vows for my 20th anniversary which will be in 2022.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The nice thing about where I live is that there are so many cats that if a coyote moved in the cats would gang up on and destroy the hapless critter. (I've seen it happen to raccoons.) 
Racoons are a lot smaller than coyotes. Although, we did have a cat that lived outside and died of old age at 17 years of age. We always joke that she spoke to the coyotes and showed them who was boss at some point. 

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Racoons are a lot smaller than coyotes. Although, we did have a cat that lived outside and died of old age at 17 years of age. We always joke that she spoke to the coyotes and showed them who was boss at some point. 
 As for me, I almost named one of the kittens Greebo, after the Discworld cat, but I was worried the cat in question would grow to be just like him! 

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Okay I need some help guys and girls please message me a simple word Yes or No I am trying to get my mom to let me keep a kitten if I get alot of yeses I might be able too. HELP!!!!!
I'm voting with a resounding YES!  

My husband and I are trying container gardening for the first time ever.  I am hoping it will work out well.  I ordered several varieties of heirloom tomato plants and was tickled to see that one is getting ready to flower.  We looked high and low at the home improvement center for jalapeno pepper plants, but had no luck.  It seemed like they had every kind of peppers except  jalapenos.  Gosh, I need them to make salsa.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I advise caution. Kittens have sharp claws, and like to use them (I lost my favorite sweater to the babies). There also may be some adjustment issues, as the kitten gets used to a new environment. Depending on its age, it may need litter trained as well. After all, as Zora Neale Hurston said, "Research is formalized curiosity. It is poking and prying with a purpose."

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

As for me, I almost named one of the kittens Greebo, after the Discworld cat, but I was worried the cat in question would grow to be just like him! 
I definitely thought of that. We have some other discworld names picked out. Angua was going to be Cheery Littlebottom, but she just really didn't fit that name. She is far too moody of a cat to be that. Might be the name of our future dog though. 

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I definitely thought of that. We have some other discworld names picked out. Angua was going to be Cheery Littlebottom, but she just really didn't fit that name. She is far too moody of a cat to be that. Might be the name of our future dog though. 
If you get a really cranky pooch, you could name her (if it is a "her") after Granny Weatherwax!

Status
Not open for further replies.