Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

a very poor late night babble limerick:

A young kitten from the Gold Coast

babbled on and on to her utmost!

When asked 'please do shush'

she replied with a blush:

"I must try for the fourth millionth post!"

What an awesome limerick! I love it!  

I just had homemade vegan pizza for breakfast here. Weird feeling.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

How many?  And where are the pictures?  You do know that we're all suckers for cute kitten pictures, don't you?

Margret
I agree.  Post photos!    Those of us without kittens need our fix.  

It's past 2:30 am here in Maryland and I am slowly being moved across the bed by Chula.  I can't figure out how something so little can take up so much room.  She is deep in sleep after successfully beating up one of her toys.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I just had homemade vegan pizza for breakfast here. Weird feeling.
What's weird about pizza for breakfast?  Pizza is basically all food groups rolled into one. 

What kind of vegan cheese did you use?  I've been told that I test as "sensitive" to casein, so I've been searching for a good alternative to real cheese.

Margret

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
 Pussycat hammocks!  What a wonderful idea!  Now I must teach myself to crochet.  Unless I can do them in lace knitting..

Mind you,  I can just see Sundar getting in.. falling out... getting in... falling out.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Pussycat hammocks!  What a wonderful idea!  Now I must teach myself to crochet.  Unless I can do them in lace knitting..

Mind you,  I can just see Sundar getting in.. falling out... getting in... falling out.
I've made both crocheted and knitted lace, and I really think crocheted would work better.  Knitted is a bit looser.  The good news is that that's an incredibly simple pattern, all chain stitch, and you make it up as you go along.

If you do a YouTube search for "homemade cat enclosures" you'll find several very fancy ones that incorporate things like cat hammocks, invariably made of some sturdy solid material, canvas or denim, most likely.  The only disadvantage I can see is that they're less photogenic, as they would obscure a side or bottom view of the cat.  From the cat's viewpoint they're probably more comfortable than crocheted, and a lot less drafty.

Margret

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

I've made both crocheted and knitted lace, and I really think crocheted would work better.  Knitted is a bit looser.  The good news is that that's an incredibly simple pattern, all chain stitch, and you make it up as you go along.

If you do a YouTube search for "homemade cat enclosures" you'll find several very fancy ones that incorporate things like cat hammocks, invariably made of some sturdy solid material, canvas or denim, most likely.  The only disadvantage I can see is that they're less photogenic, as they would obscure a side or bottom view of the cat.  From the cat's viewpoint they're probably more comfortable than crocheted, and a lot less drafty.

Margret
  Wow.. very knowledgeable on cat hammocks Margret.. I'm impressed

You're right.. the 'holey' ones won't be the cat's choice.  And I can see them stretching pretty badly...

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wow.. very knowledgeable on cat hammocks Margret.. I'm impressed

You're right.. the 'holey' ones won't be the cat's choice.  And I can see them stretching pretty badly...
You're still thinking in terms of knitted lace.  A crocheted hammock wouldn't stretch nearly as much, which is why I said it would work better.  What I'm really knowledgeable about is lace; I've been making it since I was a child.  Crocheted, tatted, knitted, teneriffe, and bobbin lace.  My mother taught me the first two, and how to knit; I learned to knit lace from a book.  Teneriffe I learned from a kit (not all that fond of it), and bobbin lace from books and classes.

I was researching homemade cat enclosures the other day, thinking of Jasmine, and came to the conclusion that, even homemade, I probably can't afford it.  But I've also been thinking about a homemade cat tree for Jasmine, and when I saw the cat hammocks in some of the enclosures I thought, "Hey!  I could add that to the cat tree easily enough," which is now the plan.  I'll post pictures if I ever manage to finish it. 

Margret

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It seems like fewer and fewer people are having funerals nowadays. Is it due to costs, more secular societies, or more cremations?

catmom123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

How many?  And where are the pictures?  You do know that we're all suckers for cute kitten pictures, don't you?

Margret
I will post some pictures when Momma kitty feel comfortable with cameras around her 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

I will post some pictures when Momma kitty feel comfortable with cameras around her 
Yay!! We sure do love our kitten pictures! And we love the stories of their little personalities-who is the brute and who is shy!

I agree.  Post photos!    Those of us without kittens need our fix.  

It's past 2:30 am here in Maryland and I am slowly being moved across the bed by Chula.  I can't figure out how something so little can take up so much room.  She is deep in sleep after successfully beating up one of her toys.
Hahaha all our cats push us out of bed-they curl up in a small ball-then slowly stretch out as the night goes by-then they crawl ontop of us and fall asleep sprawled out so of course we can't move because we don't want to disturb them!

As far as strange food-I just ate chicken Pad Thai for breakfast-it was sweet peanutty spicy to get my sinuses to do its thing-the spring allergies are really bad right now. Even my skin is breaking out from the darn pollen.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Ha! I love it! That is a well flowing limerick (and I read poetry on a regular basis). 
No consecutive posts in this thread please. :nono: It's against the rules. Please check out the rules in the first post of the thread. :)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember seeing a fox across the street from my parents' house a couple years ago. People actually stopped their cars to gawk and take pictures.

Where I live I haven't seen any turkeys. Lots of bunnies and the occasional skunk (nearly walked right into one once
It was 5am in the middle of winter so dark outside and there aren't any streetlights) and raccoon and opossum in the morning when I head to work. Before the apartment complex next door was built about 3 years ago, the area was a a grassy open lot and coyotes and other small wildlife critters used to be frequent visitors. I think coyotes are still spotted on the property by the early morning dog walkers. We occasionally get an email reminder about coyotes. Once I was waiting for the bus to go to work and a coyote walked past me carrying a dead bunny
The coyote was about 15 feet away and headed into the wooded area.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Here in Massachusetts the whether has gotten pretty warm after a long, cold winter. Hopefully BabyKitty likes it better, she hates the cold. Last year's baby turkeys are almost fully grown so we have that to look forward to. Did you know that turkeys can fly and sleep in trees to advoid animals like cyotes? I wonder how BabyKitty will react to them. My dog Gabbie chased them out of the yard last year, right before I could get a picture or video. There's a cat outside who seems to be hard of hearing and has no collar, perhaps they're a stray? They seem comfortable around humans but run off if you try to approach them. I've been hiding meat behind the shed for them, although it might be one of the cyotes that's taking it. I haven't seen that cat in awhile, I hope they're ok. BabyKitty's giving me strange looks today and won't let me pet her much.View media item 343902

Yes, In Massachusetts it is very warm today. Warm enough to go out with short sleeves and nothing else!

When I came out of the gym, I actually had to put the AC on because it was so warm!  It will not last long though. WE will be getting back to more normal, and below normal temps this week-end and next week..sigh

I am in a city, near the ocean, just outside Boston. There are a lot of wild turkeys around here! I have yet to see one, but there are so many posts on FB from people who have. I just saw one post from a person right on the beach who had a wild turkey on her porch!!! 
Unbelievable...
It was too warm yesterday in Massachusetts. There, I said it. :lol3: Sure, in August a day like yesterday will feel cool and refreshing, but I'm just not used to the hot weather.

It forced me to go shopping for short sleeved shirts yesterday. I'm going away in a month and need some that hide my rolls of fat a bit better. :rolleyes: Can I rant about sizing for women's' clothing for a minute? How can I try on a size medium and it be too big and then try on an extra-large and it be skin-tight? There really needs to be more standardized sizing! :mad:

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

You all want cute kitten pics. This is my baby. I still need a name for her she will be four weeks old on Tuesday. I will try to get more pics of her and her brothers and sister today. 
Oh my gosh! That kitty is soooooo adorable. She looks like a ware wolf with her kitten fur all puffed out.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It was too warm yesterday in Massachusetts. There, I said it.
Sure, in August a day like yesterday will feel cool and refreshing, but I'm just not used to the hot weather.

It forced me to go shopping for short sleeved shirts yesterday. I'm going away in a month and need some that hide my rolls of fat a bit better.
Can I rant about sizing for women's' clothing for a minute? How can I try on a size medium and it be too big and then try on an extra-large and it be skin-tight? There really needs to be more standardized sizing!
I agree it was too warm in Massachusetts, yesterday. It is April, not the end of May. Now the temps will drop and everyone will be getting sick...

I agree about standardized sizing~~ women clothes are so bad!

I bought a pair of jeans which fit perfectly. They were out of any more in my size, so I went on Amazon to order them by name, manufacturer, same size. 

When the order came in, these were a tad tighter.. Not much, but enough for me not to feel as comfortable in them. 

I had to do a lot of research, finding out that they were made in a different country than the original!!! Different between Vietnam and maybe China or some other country....

Why should that make a difference in sizing! 

ugh!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

I agree it was too warm in Massachusetts, yesterday. It is April, not the end of May. Now the temps will drop and everyone will be getting sick...

I agree about standardized sizing~~ women clothes are so bad!

I bought a pair of jeans which fit perfectly. They were out of any more in my size, so I went on Amazon to order them by name, manufacturer, same size. 

When the order came in, these were a tad tighter.. Not much, but enough for me not to feel as comfortable in them. 

I had to do a lot of research, finding out that they were made in a different country than the original!!! Different between Vietnam and maybe China or some other country....

Why should that make a difference in sizing! 

ugh!
Oh, don't get me started on the Chinese sizes. I tried shopping for pants on one of those Chinese mega-market sites. Apparently, their idea of an XXXL pants (W24) size is the equivalent of the American size 16 

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Women's wear sizing is absolutely crazy, I agree.  I still miss MyShape (used to order clothes from them, but they went out of business).  You'd start with a profile with a gazillion measurements (across your shoulders from one side to the other, around you shoulders, bust, waist, hip, from collarbone to fullest part of bust, etc.) and then add in details like whether you liked close-fitting/looser fit ... and then as you shopped, they would tell you what size to order in that particular garment.  Different manufacturer, you'd be told a different size, but everything would fit perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.