Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Story: We have a lion puppet that we bought to wrestle with Angua with since she enjoys playing with my husband's hands. Well Ruby is horrified whenever I put my hand in this thing and move it at all. She gets big wide eyes and looks all horrified. Like this!

View media item 370897
Oh my! That's hilarious [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Ruby: "What are you doing to that poor animal? And where did your hand go?"

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my! That's hilarious [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Ruby: "What are you doing to that poor animal? And where did your hand go?"
When she first saw it, she went and hid behind the toilet for like half an hour. She really is appalled by it.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kim wanted to make more of her Chocolate Armaretto Truffles.  We went off yesterday to get more chocolate.  I didn't really like the filling - not that it kept me from eating them, and kept suggesting she make a different filling, like mint or using a cookie of some sort.  She didn't want to make mint, says it doesn't always come out.  Then she remember she has peppermint extract from when she make the salt water taffy.  So while I was off running errands she made Chocolate peppermint truffles.  OMG they are to die for.  Long story short, diet/Whole 30 now begins tomorrow.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kim wanted to make more of her Chocolate Armaretto Truffles.  We went off yesterday to get more chocolate.  I didn't really like the filling - not that it kept me from eating them, and kept suggesting she make a different filling, like mint or using a cookie of some sort.  She didn't want to make mint, says it doesn't always come out.  Then she remember she has peppermint extract from when she make the salt water taffy.  So while I was off running errands she made Chocolate peppermint truffles.  OMG they are to die for.  Long story short, diet/Whole 30 now begins tomorrow.
I'm on a diet.  It's a seefood diet.  I see food, and I eat it.

Where are my truffles?  Hehe

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kim has been making something new every 3rd day.  I brought back a couple of baking books from my sister that she was going to donate. so far Kim has made Shortbread Bites, some cookie that was very chocolatey, spice cookies that look pretzelish, and two types of truffles.

Does anyone remember when Foxxycat will return from her vacation?  It seems wrong to get to 5000 posts without her.  But it would save her the trouble of trying to catch up.

Last edited:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of this talk about truffles is delicious sounding. I am going to have to go eat a Ghirardelli square chocolate to appease my cravings.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All this talk of sweets, it's a good thing I bought a sweet potato pie today. I wouldn't have had anything yummy to eat after reading this babbling of baking and eating chocolate.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been oinking out on chocolate and I bought a bunch of mini pies from Wal*Mart earlier - blueberry, apple, and peach.  I'm about to eat my 4th one today.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks just like Spot did the first time he heard the toilet flush. (He did eventually get used to it.)

When she first saw it, she went and hid behind the toilet for like half an hour. She really is appalled by it.
Yeah, I remember looking for Spot behind dressers where he'd hide from the roaring monster in the bathroom. 

Here's hoping her next project fits in with your diet! 

All of this talk about truffles is delicious sounding. I am going to have to go eat a Ghirardelli square chocolate to appease my cravings.
It does. Luckily for me I have a tub of White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake ice cream in the freezer. (It's Great Value brand, and it's delicious!)

Okay, Spot did something really, really bad while I was on my way to work last night, and pointers on how to keep him from repeating the behavior would be appreciated. (Just a reminder--I work third and it is completely  dark out this time of year on my way to work.) I had checked the driveway to make sure it was clear of cats and debris (we had problems with the guests, and by now it's habit), and all clear. I was pulling out (the driveway is a "u" shape) when there was a thud of something hitting the car. I immediately stopped, got out, and saw Spot lying by the car, near where I heard the thump. I was terrified  that I had hit him. He started crying the moment he saw me. I scooped him up--he was still crying--and he cried all the way inside. I called for AWM for help (remember, the two of us together have limited medical training)--and when she came into the room he jumped out of my arms and began grooming, purring up a storm because he'd managed to get me to come in when I was I on my way to work. He was perfectly fine--nothing wrong with him at all. All I can figure is that he must have run (literally) into the side of the car to create the thump. I can't let him do it again--it's too dangerous! He could have been seriously hurt! How do I make sure this doesn't happen again?

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You know, you resemble one of the mermaids in a book trilogy I read. I believe the one I'm thinking of appears in the book Swimming Without a Net. So--well done! 

She looks just like Spot did the first time he heard the toilet flush. (He did eventually get used to it.)

Yeah, I remember looking for Spot behind dressers where he'd hide from the roaring monster in the bathroom. 

Here's hoping her next project fits in with your diet! 

It does. Luckily for me I have a tub of White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake ice cream in the freezer. (It's Great Value brand, and it's delicious!)

Okay, Spot did something really, really bad while I was on my way to work last night, and pointers on how to keep him from repeating the behavior would be appreciated. (Just a reminder--I work third and it is completely  dark out this time of year on my way to work.) I had checked the driveway to make sure it was clear of cats and debris (we had problems with the guests, and by now it's habit), and all clear. I was pulling out (the driveway is a "u" shape) when there was a thud of something hitting the car. I immediately stopped, got out, and saw Spot lying by the car, near where I heard the thump. I was terrified  that I had hit him. He started crying the moment he saw me. I scooped him up--he was still crying--and he cried all the way inside. I called for AWM for help (remember, the two of us together have limited medical training)--and when she came into the room he jumped out of my arms and began grooming, purring up a storm because he'd managed to get me to come in when I was I on my way to work. He was perfectly fine--nothing wrong with him at all. All I can figure is that he must have run (literally) into the side of the car to create the thump. I can't let him do it again--it's too dangerous! He could have been seriously hurt! How do I make sure this doesn't happen again?
Did you get it at Wal*Mart?  I'm always drooling in the dessert aisle and I've never seen it.

Also, holy heck!  You have one incredibly smart and conniving cat.  I don't have any advice.  But wow.  Are you sure he's a cat?  Is it possible he angered a witch and got turned into a cat?  I'm pretty sure that's the case with my Murphy.  I'm joking - mostly.  LOL.  But he's just sugary sweet, not conniving.  Like, seriously, he has at least the same level of reasoning as a 5 year old.  I say this because I stayed with my sister for a week last spring and Shane, her oldest (he was 5) kept getting sick at school and having to be sent home.  Then he was fine.  Christi took him to the doctor where he admitted that he was faking it because he wanted to come and play with "Aunt Wish" because all of the other kids got to play with me all day and he didn't.  At that point, she had 4 kids.  Now she has 5.  LOL

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taking a poll about our chocolate eating.

What is your favorite kind of chocolate? Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate?

What is your favorite kind of fudge? chocolate, white chocolate, chocolate with walnuts or pecans, peanut butter, coconut, chocolate marshmallow?

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What is your favorite kind of chocolate? Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate?

What is your favorite kind of fudge? chocolate, white chocolate, chocolate with walnuts or pecans, peanut butter, coconut, chocolate marshmallow?
Chocolate flavored chocolate and fudge flavored fudge

In other words, I'm a chocoholic and I'll eat it all.  But, if I must have an addiction at least it's chocolate and not crack.  Just putting that out there.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Chocolate flavored chocolate and fudge flavored fudge

In other words, I'm a chocoholic and I'll eat it all.  But, if I must have an addiction at least it's chocolate and not crack.  Just putting that out there.
Do you have a favorite is what I'm asking. If you could only have one, which would you choose?

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Did you get it at Wal*Mart?  I'm always drooling in the dessert aisle and I've never seen it.

Also, holy heck!  You have one incredibly smart and conniving cat.  I don't have any advice.  But wow.  Are you sure he's a cat?  Is it possible he angered a witch and got turned into a cat?  I'm pretty sure that's the case with my Murphy.  I'm joking - mostly.  LOL.  But he's just sugary sweet, not conniving.  Like, seriously, he has at least the same level of reasoning as a 5 year old.  I say this because I stayed with my sister for a week last spring and Shane, her oldest (he was 5) kept getting sick at school and having to be sent home.  Then he was fine.  Christi took him to the doctor where he admitted that he was faking it because he wanted to come and play with "Aunt Wish" because all of the other kids got to play with me all day and he didn't.  At that point, she had 4 kids.  Now she has 5.  LOL
It's with the other ice cream at Wal-Mart. 
 And I was (literally) there the day Spot was born, so--probably not. Maybe reincarnated though. 

Depends on the time of month. Usually white chocolate's my fave, but during the (forbidden to speak of) time of month, I crave dark chocolate. 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank all you you for your words of wisdom about me and Artie...

I do appreciate that.. problem is I have a huge guilty streak which shows it's nasty self, when I am a bit down...

I realize that I do too much for this cat.. and I do neglect myself a lot.. but, that is changing. I have been so busy with volunteer work this past summer, and with the gym, especially the past couple of months.. I am getting out a lot!! 

As for Artie; he is on cisapride twice a day, Cerenia once a day, Pepcid twice a day and Steroid once a day.. for at least 4 days. 

I am kind of making my schedule up to revolve around him for a few days.. Some of these meds have to be on an empty stomach, so it is kind of hard to accommodate if I have a lot of plans, but i will manage...

I do use Solid Gold tuna mixed with some other type of fish, mackerel, or sea bream (whatever that is-I do not want to know-nightmares)...Artie gets this only when he is sick. So far, it is proven to be his favorite food, if not given too often. I try to get the rabbit in also..he did eat an entire can of it yesterday. Last night he had 1/2 can of tuna and 1/2 can of rabbit.. This morning, just 1/4 can of tuna... he has to get his pepcid soon. 

It is something I have to live with. I do not have control over his illness. I just have to adapt, but still keep on with my life. 

Thanks again everyone..I needed a wake up call..sometimes I do.. thank you..

I had planned on an easy upcoming several days.. I did not intend to work the humane society. I had my fill of it until next week. I know the cats will be well taken cared of without me.. I did refuse a shift on Sunday, late...I need time for myself. I have been there almost every day for a week; dealing with Angel. I need a break...

My car is going in the shop for a ton of work on Monday. I will be home. They will take me back home, and pick me up when it is done.. oil change, alignment, AC work....so it will take about 3 hours...

I will clean up around here... and maybe cook some chicken and some veggies for supper.. for a change...

babbling again.. 

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@Artiemom have you ever tried raw? I can't recall if you have tried it before or not. I recently bough a chub of llama from the pet store and for some reason though of Artie and his tummy.

Don't forget to schedule time for yourself
  You need to be well and relaxed in order to care for Artie.

A cat cafe recently opened on Newbury St and a different cat cafe is planned for the downtown area. Someone sent me the link to the Newbury St one. An admission fee is charged and then you're expected to buy coffee and drinks and snacks while you play with the cats who are available for adoption. If you stay longer than your 2 hour window, you have to pay the admission fee again or are asked to leave. Given that it's Newbury St, I'm betting a lot of tourists, especially those from Japan where cat cafes are popular,  will go to the cafe for the fun of it. I doubt few cats will be adopted even by locals. Personally I would rather visit a local shelter or rescue or a "meet and greet" at a pet store to view adoptable animals (for free) than pay admission to see adoptable pets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.