Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

Yes, @Tallyollyopia, some people are a bit slow.  I've noticed that myself.  Just don't let them talk you into trying to "say goodbye" or "get over it already!" before you're done grieving.  Grieving is a very important process, and we each do it at our own pace and in our own way.

By the way, you asked about The Cat Club.  Having checked @segelkatt's location from her profile, I believe that would be this organization: http://www.lagunawoodsvillage.com/section.cfm?id=265.

Margret
You are correct. I haven't been on this site for a few days because my Outlook was down through Google Chrome, I finally got it back through Internet Explorer, and i am wading through all these posts. I also have not received any notifications from THIS site as I usually do. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
 Chula and Paul's cat tree just arrived.  The box was battered and torn but the inside seems intact so hopefully all is well.    The pieces are spread out on the floor where both cats are sniffing away and claiming ownership.  They know that anything that comes into this place belongs to them.  

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, @Tallyollyopia, some people are a bit slow.  I've noticed that myself.  Just don't let them talk you into trying to "say goodbye" or "get over it already!" before you're done grieving.  Grieving is a very important process, and we each do it at our own pace and in our own way.

By the way, you asked about The Cat Club.  Having checked @segelkatt's location from her profile, I believe that would be this organization: http://www.lagunawoodsvillage.com/section.cfm?id=265.

Margret
You are correct. I haven't been on this site for a few days because my Outlook was down through Google Chrome, I finally got it back through Internet Explorer, and i am wading through all these posts. I also have not received any notifications from THIS site as I usually do. 
Try posting in the Site Help forum.  Anne and the moderators keep pretty close track of that and can help you with the lack of notifications.  Give them as much information as possible.  Also, I'll flag your message here to get a moderator's attention.

Margret

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I got the blood work results from floey. She had some major problems in her body. High white cells with other weird high cells and high T4. He thinks that she had a systematic involvement with the protein loss in the intestines and high wbc fighting off some kind of infection or sepsis. I'm glad that I know now without a doubt that there was nothing more we could have done. I only wish that I had her blood work sent out to indexx labs to get a more thorough results of her issues. Its obvious my girl was in quite a bit of pain and we did the right thing.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Chula and Paul's cat tree just arrived.  The box was battered and torn but the inside seems intact so hopefully all is well.    The pieces are spread out on the floor where both cats are sniffing away and claiming ownership.  They know that anything that comes into this place belongs to them.  
I once told Rose that anything that came into the house with a picture of a cat on it was hers. She never forgot!
I got the blood work results from floey. She had some major problems in her body. High white cells with other weird high cells and high T4. He thinks that she had a systematic involvement with the protein loss in the intestines and high wbc fighting off some kind of infection or sepsis. I'm glad that I know now without a doubt that there was nothing more we could have done. I only wish that I had her blood work sent out to indexx labs to get a more thorough results of her issues. Its obvious my girl was in quite a bit of pain and we did the right thing.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Hey, at least I'm not trying to explain to you how to program in BASIC
!  If you ever do decide that you want to learn to program, let me know and I'll set you up with something sane, like Pascal.

Margret
We may do that one fine day.

@____@ I have an account here from 2011 and I don't know why. Hello everyone,I am a fellow cat enthusiast,which I grasp is relevant to this web page. @___@
Welcome!  If you love cats, you're in the right place, no matter how you got here!  SHARE!
Not good. Floey has a huge tumor wrapped around her kidney and surrounding organs. They agreed no exploratory surgery. They sent home with palliative care meds. I havent decided when to send her to the Bridge. Probably Sat. Jon insists she is fine. I am not going to listen to him. If the pred doesn't help and she isn't eating then I have to do the right thing. This is what I feared. Her colon n small intestine had many nodules and very thickened layer he suspects is lymphoma. He said image an orange pulled apart. Its around the kidney and surrounding areas. She purred when he did the ultrasound. I said that's her pain purr. So I know it hurts and I know I have to do it because Jon would let her lay there. He's not strong enough like I am. Pray for us.
OH, my Darlin GIrl!  My heart aches so for you.  You and Floey have fought the good fight for so long now.  You both are in my heart and in my prayers.  Sending hugs your way.  I'm just heartbroken for you.   Oh no...just read that she is gone.    Rest you gentle,  Floey, dream you deep.  You walk in your Mama's heart forever.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@foxxycat You gave Floey one last gift by letting her go. She is at the Bridge free from pain now

The shark bed that I bought for Sophie was sitting on the couch. None of the cats have expressed much interest in it since I got it for her except for the occasional sniff. When I was walking past the couch, I happened to glance at it and this is what I saw:
Is that Jonah?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not going to use any cliches, because you don't need them.  Just wanted to express heartfelt condolences for you loss.  <3 ((((((((^^)))))))) <3 Sweet Angel Floey, fly free of all pain, whole, healthy and forever LOVED <3 and watch over your beloved ones now and always! 

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Maple seems to have recovered from the traumatic experience that was her vet visit today. Hoping her bloodwork is as perfect as it was the last time.

Enjoying a Friday night in. The whole weekend, actually.

bootse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Staying in also tonight it happens to be my cats 6th birthday feeling really bad for floey and hugging my cat extra tight good night sweet floey

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the library this afternoon, and it's all dressed up as the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Floating candles hang from the lobby ceiling, and tomorrow there will be lessons in the Slytherin and Gryffindor meeting rooms. The main business street will be closed from 4 pm until 1 am in anticipation of the release of the new Harry Potter book at the two bookstores there. The town expects hundreds of people to attend. I wish I was 10 again to participate in all the fun. 

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@foxxycat, I'm sorry to hear that Floey has passed.. but as everyone above said... she is now whole and pain free watching over you from the Rainbow Bridge.
After caring for and worrying about her for so long. Its going to feel weirdly empty. Spend that time loving up Honeybee and Pumpkinface. Don't forget to give special care to yourself.
Take care, from Lisa and angel Boggle and the rest of my furkids.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I went to the library this afternoon, and it's all dressed up as the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Floating candles hang from the lobby ceiling, and tomorrow there will be lessons in the Slytherin and Gryffindor meeting rooms. The main business street will be closed from 4 pm until 1 am in anticipation of the release of the new Harry Potter book at the two bookstores there. The town expects hundreds of people to attend. I wish I was 10 again to participate in all the fun. 
 I remember that library.  They used to have a paperback book exchange in the lobby.  I also spent a lot of time in the bookstore.  There was only one when I lived there.  I'm glad it's still there.

The not-so-evil Kim baked Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies last night.  I had two, one w/breakfast and one w/lunch.  I'm trying not to snack between meals.  They are very good.  Luckily the gluten free recipes make smaller amounts of goodies. 

I didn't think I would make 10,000 steps today.  After taking DH to the airport and making a good breakfast, I ran upstairs to take a shower and get to my yoga class at 9:15.  The bed was so inviting and I was up just after 5am.  So I crawled back in and slept until 11:30.  Went to 3 grocery stores and didn't really buy any food.  Stopped at Boston Market and got dinner ala carte.  Then after eating I got DS to walk Eclipse so I could get my walk in.  I took smaller steps to get more on the pedometer. 
  There is a yoga class tomorrow I can go to.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ruby has been running around the house most of the day. She's hanging out in a window perch in our room. Carrot and Angua are taking a nap in their special space so they must not be too worried about her wandering around free.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Do you mean "10 again" to attend lessons in either Slytherin or Gryffindor? Or "10 again" to enjoy the book? Because you can enjoy the book at any age. 

I remember that library.  They used to have a paperback book exchange in the lobby.  I also spent a lot of time in the bookstore.  There was only one when I lived there.  I'm glad it's still there.

The not-so-evil Kim baked Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies last night.  I had two, one w/breakfast and one w/lunch.  I'm trying not to snack between meals.  They are very good.  Luckily the gluten free recipes make smaller amounts of goodies. 

I didn't think I would make 10,000 steps today.  After taking DH to the airport and making a good breakfast, I ran upstairs to take a shower and get to my yoga class at 9:15.  The bed was so inviting and I was up just after 5am.  So I crawled back in and slept until 11:30.  Went to 3 grocery stores and didn't really buy any food.  Stopped at Boston Market and got dinner ala carte.  Then after eating I got DS to walk Eclipse so I could get my walk in.  I took smaller steps to get more on the pedometer. 
  There is a yoga class tomorrow I can go to.
Oh, you cheater you! 
 I'm glad that Kim finally baked something you can eat on your diet. Happy yoga!

Ruby has been running around the house most of the day. She's hanging out in a window perch in our room. Carrot and Angua are taking a nap in their special space so they must not be too worried about her wandering around free.
Sounds like they're getting used to her!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
There is something funny going on with Outlook. I still can't get into it via Google Chrome although on the MSN home page it tells me that there are messages. It even tells me on that page the beginning of the first four messages. When I then go to Internet Explorer I get my emails, at least some of them. But I DO NOT get the notices from the CatSite telling me that there are new posts or that I have a PM. So unless I look at the PMs right away instead of perhaps looking at them later I cannot get to them at all. So this is an Outlook problem and very much a pain in the neck. Not getting these notices makes me wonder what other e-mails I am not getting. On Windows Live Mail it says I cannot send or receive mail on this account, so this is really weird.  

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 At least now you know about the dog videos! And you were able to handle the situations very promptly and well, which should go a long way into helping the cats not get set back by this too much. (And you're right; Star Wars is  weird!)

Status
Not open for further replies.